Sprite Sheets

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
Minimal Sprite Font with Stroke for Pixel Art games.
  • Is there an easy way to cut up a sprite sheet in construct to use as multiple objects?

For example, background tiles.

• There is a program called "Image Slicer" or something...

• Oh sorry, I should have been more specific.

You can import a sprite sheet into construct and use the tiles as frames in an animation for one object, but I'd like to use the tiles as separate objects as opposed to frames.

Is this possible?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I suppose you could use the Image Manipulator to load those sprite sheets and crop desired tiles, then copy them to sprites.

• I suppose you could use the Image Manipulator to load those sprite sheets and crop desired tiles, then copy them to sprites.

I'm pretty sure he means he wants to do that in the IDE, not at runtime.

• I'd highlight recommend using another program to split the images into separate files, and then you can import them into construct using the import dialog but by importing multiple frames at a time.

However, If you cant do that, you can use the tile splitter function in the import dialog and import every frame into one object. Then use 'c' and 'v' to copy and paste the frames into different objects....or you could clone that object several times and delete all the unneeded frames for each one...

Theres a number of ways to do it, just use the way thats easiest for you

• Cheers guys.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)