Sprite Button Plugin - UPDATE 01/23 - v0.9b

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Fantasy Game includes more than 600 sound effects inspired by hit computer games like World of Warcraft and Diablo.
  • Well, I've been working on this the past couple days and I'm now ready to release an alpha version of my latest plugin: Sprite Button!

Sprite Button Plugin - v0.9b

Download Now(with example) - 132KB

Features:

• Graphics: Specify the three main faces for your button: Default, hovering, and clicked.
    • Text: Add text to your buttons with options such as font, size, color, position, and offset.
    • Icons: Button icons allow you to assign your buttons -- unique objects only, copies will all have the same icon -- specialized icons, with options for positioning and offset.
    • Identifiers: Identifiers allow you to differentiate between copies of one button type. For example: You have three buttons of the same type with unique identifiers, "New", "Save", and "Load". Using the "Button clicked by ID" condition, you can check copies of buttons independently and have them do different things.

You can also use the "Button identifier" expression to retrieve the identifier of the currently clicked button. This identifier can be used in tandem with the function object to call functions with the same name as the button identifier.

Those are the main features for now. This is currently designated an alpha since I don't have all of the features in yet. Plans for the plugin include support for two state buttons, check boxes, and radio buttons, the latter of which should be pretty intuitive to use.

Unfortunately I don't have time at the moment to pull together a proper example, but it's all rather intuitive and shouldn't be too hard to pick up.

As with my other plugins, be sure to post with your thoughts about the plugin, feature requests, and any bugs you stumble across. Have fun!

• I'm sure this will come in handy. Thanks a lot!

• Nice idea!

Ever thought about doing something like a gui plug?

• *cough*inventory*cough*

• Wohoo i've been waitin for this^^ Now I just have to wait something that allows my mechs to have different sets of weapons without havin zillion events on identifying etc etc

• I installed it, It doesn't appear to work.

I use 99.5 by the way...

• Oh linkman I love you! I could have a use for this right away, will make things handier for sure! Thx so much!

• Thanks for the comments, everybody! Glad you're enjoying it thus far.

Nice idea!

Ever thought about doing something like a gui plug?

A GUI plugin could be a cool idea. Mind giving some suggestions on how it could work?

I installed it, It doesn't appear to work.

I use 99.5 by the way...

Have you tried the example? Does that appear to be working?

• A GUI plugin could be a cool idea. Mind giving some suggestions on how it could work?

• buttons
    • checkboxes (also radio)
    • basic frames (window, dialog etc.)
    • dropdown list
    • input field (one line, multi line)

Those are the basics, I believe, that are lacking in Construct (since the default windows control is wonky in DX9 runtime).

• > A GUI plugin could be a cool idea. Mind giving some suggestions on how it could work?

>

- buttons

- checkboxes (also radio)

- basic frames (window, dialog etc.)

- dropdown list

- input field (one line, multi line)

Those are the basics, I believe, that are lacking in Construct (since the default windows control is wonky in DX9 runtime).

Yeah, something that was skinable, but helped in gui organization as well.

To start you would need a basic window, or base that you can easily find coords of x,y within the window. This would be great for placing the buttons, etc. It would also be great if it was like the tiled bg object, or panel object, where you could put a tiled image as a background.

It would be interesting if you could divide it up like a distort map, and have rows, and columns.

You could then simply say set button at column 5, row 8.

• don't forget sliders and knobs

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hmm. A GUI plugin would certainly be useful. Though, can we have this plugin working with keyboard/gamepad controls? Like, any button that happens to be active can be selected through, say, the arrow keys.

• Already using this.

I am missing the ability to set stuff, id, text etc., from events.

• All good ideas for a GUI plugin, although something complex as this would be pretty tricky to do. I'll most likely make other types of sprite controls -- sliders, text boxes, maybe even a tab plugin -- but I wouldn't get your hopes up for an all encompassing GUI plugin.

Hmm. A GUI plugin would certainly be useful. Though, can we have this plugin working with keyboard/gamepad controls? Like, any button that happens to be active can be selected through, say, the arrow keys.

That sounds like a fairly good idea. I'll see about implementing that at some point.

Already using this.

I am missing the ability to set stuff, id, text etc., from events.

I'll work on integrating actions for those in the next version.

Speaking of the next version, I'm currently sitting on a new build with support for two-state buttons and checkboxes. I'm still trying to work out a bug and I'll release once that's fixed.

• Firstly I'd like to point out that this is \o/

Secondly: For frames you can always put all the controls in a layer, on top of a Panel object and scroll that layer around. It'll look just like a window.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)