Replace with another object (event sheet)

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
This is a single chapter from the "Construct Starter Kit Collection". It is the Student Workbook for its Workshop.
  • One thing that I really liked in games factory and mmf is when you copied some events from say another game, and the events had references to objects that didn't exist in the current game, it put a little placeholder that meant the object didn't exist. You could then right click on it and make it so any reference to the old object can now refer to an object that you specify.

It was really handy and you could do it with any object at any time.

I believe such a feature would be really beneficial in construct and i think it would also help with copying event sheets between games

that's all

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • We're in the process of completely rewriting the event sheet editor right now (every line must go) as it's in rather terrible shape.

Once that's done this is one of the first features on the list, along with many others we'll then be able to add as a result .

• We're in the process of completely rewriting the event sheet editor right now (every line must go) as it's in rather terrible shape.

Once that's done this is one of the first features on the list, along with many others we'll then be able to add as a result .

Will it be compatible with our current projects? Should we hold off on starting any big projects just to be safe?

• It won't change anything except the code will be new and stable, and we can add extra things to it.

.cap format won't break or change .

• Awesome

• That's awesome news, you guys rock

• Should we hold off on continuing any big projects just to be safe?

Fixed xD

~Sol

• While we're on the subject of events, does the OR system condition work properly? Methinks it doesn't

• They should do, post a tracker bug if they don't.

• Ok so perhaps it was poor coding on my part

I haven't been able to reproduce what happened before

nevermind

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)