Remove Persist Files (or optional)

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
  • Persist files are extremely annoying. It just fills folders (and my desktop) with worthless spam files. I don't think anyone would care if they have to actually open up the layout they were working on. I'd actually prefer to start with everything clean and closed. At least make persist files optional, please. I don't think anyone really likes them...

/rant lol

If you do or do not like them, please comment. =)

• What exactly do persist files do?

If all they do is keep track of what is open and what is closed then I would MUCH rather not have them at all.

• What exactly do persist files do?

If all they do is keep track of what is open and what is closed then I would MUCH rather not have them at all.

They save the caps layout info and stuff like that, I think.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I don't have a problem with them in theory, but in practice I'm finding them all over the place. Places that I don't and haven't had .caps, even... like root level on the drive.

Anyway, I've found that all of mine are identical, so I don't really see a benefit for me.

I suppose either the ability to turn them off or to specify where to put all of them would be preferable, though.

• I always assumed they were like an auto-save type deal, however they never seem to do that. So I would prefer them gone. Especially since I have had to delete them a few times just to use my .cap.

• Would be nice to have them stashed them in %application data%\Construct\project1, project2, etc or something.

• I'm in for an option to enable or disable them. Half the time I have to delete them or my construct file won't load up

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)