optimisation question - one object throught two layouts

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
This is a single chapter from the "Construct Starter Kit Collection". It is the Student Workbook for its Workshop.
  • I want to use the same object in two layouts, but I don't want to mark it global (because it would appear in third layout), so the question is, will the object consume two times the memory when exporting to exe / placing textures in vram if I load textures for both layouts earlier?

• If it's the same object type, it won't use any more memory. Object images are global to the application per object type, no matter how many of them there are and which layouts they're in.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • even if it isn't marked as global? great

and now for something completely different, in everything angle-related (i.e. action - set angle) I can see "0 - 360" expression. well, 360 == 0. just a quick thought

oh, before I forget. it may be a total noob question, but, when changing sampling type from "linear" to "point" (app properties), does it somehow affect (speeds up) rendering? does it have to do with hardware / software rendering? or am I just making this up?

• You can have fractions of a degree, so you can have 0.1 or 359.9.

• You can have fractions of a degree, so you can have 0.1 or 359.9.

wow, didn't think of that this way

• when changing sampling type from "linear" to "point" (app properties), does it somehow affect (speeds up) rendering?

Sometimes, but I think modern graphics cards are so good at linear filtering there might not be a difference. You can always see for yourself comparing each mode with an unlimited framerate.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)