MIDI Playback

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
Web MIDI
$12 USD
Incorporate WebMIDI into your Construct 3 projects
  • I know MIDI is old and all and it sounds really crappy, but in not such a long time, this is a good thing. The TIGsource Chinese Bootleg Demakes competition is coming some time soon-ish, and I want to be able to play crappy MIDIs without having to send 4 MB mp3 versions of them with the game. That would be great.

• AH yes you can play midi, no worries man.

1. Right click-> Insert the Audio Object Direct Sound into the layout (it will not be visible)

2. Several play options:

2a. Start of Layout-> Direct Sound/ Play music "filename.mid" (Works with Midi)

2b. Start of Layout-> Direct Sound/ Load File "filename.wav" (you can edit which channel, but it is okay to leave at channel 0)

+

Play Direct Sound Channel 0 (or you can specify another channel)

2c. Start of Layout-> Direct Sound/ Autoplay "filename.wav"

The channels allow you to have multiple sound files be loaded/played at once. Really cool!

Hope this helps!

• Huh. I've tried using "Play Music" to play MIDI's before, but it never worked.

• OH! the midi needs to be in the same directory as your cap file. also include the extension name, so if your mid is cheesewhiz, it'd be

"cheeswhiz.mid"

• On a nearly-related side note, I would expect any self-respecting Construct user to have their file extensions unhidden in Windows.

• I did both of those. I'm not stupid.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Not saying you are, man. Not one bit. Some people who view this later, however, may benefit from advice like that the rest of us consider common knowledge.

• Windows Media Player on my machine has a nasty habit of fading the MIDI volume on my PC to zero. I've no idea why. Check the windows mixer and see if the MIDI volume is up; 'Play Music' should work fine with midi files. Try opening the file in Windows Media Player - if it works there, Play Music should be able to play it too.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)