May update

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Fantasy Game includes more than 600 sound effects inspired by hit computer games like World of Warcraft and Diablo.
  • yeah i'd rather that it was just a 1337 2d game making tool right now... maybe 3d one day.

sounds quite cool. although i can hardly imagine how long its gonna be until we get to use 2.0

//gief online plugin

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • //gief online plugin

This

• Just wondering, where does the in development tilemap plugin/object fall in this plan?

You said that v1 is now feature complete, with only bug-fixes remaining.

Is it going to be a v2 feature, or a plugin that can be dropped in post-1.0?

• Im not a programmer, only a guy that like make their own games, im use gamemaker from begginings, and i try construct. I know the project its no new, but i never ear about it. Its super, i love the directx mode and the programmers work in the project actively. Thanks a lot, and im waiting for the final release of construct. I already vote for desmume for best project, but i recommend construct to my friends. sorry bad english.

• We have now implemented all the features we want for 1.0, and until then, we will focus solely on bug fixes.

so no custom collision masks before 1.0? :P

• oh dear lord, mother of god. reading the update gave me a brain-gasm

This. All of it.

• We have now implemented all the features we want for 1.0, and until then, we will focus solely on bug fixes.

Almost had the editable player controls at runtime, maybe for 2.0!

• Or maybe for 1.x

There will be Construct releases between 1 and 2 you know . And there are a lot of unfinished features and objects. They're not likely to stay unfinished forever...

• They can always add plugins that is why they are called plugins. You would just have to install them manually or they make an install pack that has a bunch in them.

• I wouldn't count on there being many if any feature releases after 1.0 is released, except very minor things. Until 2.0 the only big additions or plugins will be the reserve of 3rd party developers.

• I really hope that there other developers out there in the world who will realise Construct's potential and help expand it beyond it's current limitations.

• I wouldn't count on there being many if any feature releases after 1.0 is released, except very minor things. Until 2.0 the only big additions or plugins will be the reserve of 3rd party developers.

ok, but I think custom player controls at runtime it's a pretty basic feature that should better be also in 1.0..

• Well if we don't get round to it the source is open for anyone to add it.

• Any word on the ability of using express for plugins?

That's probably the main thing slowing third party development.

• It'd require SDK changes which are infeasible in 1.0. Express isn't feasible for a lot of things, so services like DreamSpark are handy there.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)