Looking to modify some game

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
five golem elements Sprites Sheet.Best for enemy or villain game characters.
  • Hey there, pretty new in this scene here. I was just looking for some game you've probably made to make a music-driven version of it. Sort of like Audiosurf or something.

The basic thing is that the game should be allowing .mp3 files on the player's system that he may choose, and depending on the beats, the game should spawn more or less monsters.

Anyone?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • i don't think it's possible with construct .

• yea it probably might be possible, look into the xaudio2 objects actions, conditions, and events

• Hey there, pretty new in this scene here. I was just looking for some game you've probably made to make a music-driven version of it. Sort of like Audiosurf or something.

The basic thing is that the game should be allowing .mp3 files on the player's system that he may choose, and depending on the beats, the game should spawn more or less monsters.

Anyone?

I've thought about this a lot and have used Construct for a year, my conclusion is that it's probably very difficult. You'd have to write a new plugin which analyses the dynamic master volume (or channel volume) and outputs it as numerical number say 0-100 - but then you'll also need a waveform analyser to determine the BPM and different/dominant frequencies of the music. And you'd also have to balance the (not so) randomly generated game so that a track which is fast and bass heavy is very different to a track which is slow and hi-end. Not so hard for a programmer but tough to do in Construct, and dare I say impossible to do in Construct without your own custom plugin.

• analysing the master volume probably wouldn't be so hard. Might be a python moment though. This, however, wouldn't be that useful as most tracks these days are mastered so hot that the master volume isn't a good indicated of the perceived volume of the listener.

Crude Mik is right. You'd need a spectrum analyser to look at the frequencies and spawn stuff based on these. 60-120hz would be where you'd probably get the kick drum coming in, and most of the "punchy" sounds.

Writing a spectrum analyser probably isnt that fun though, and would have to be done in python with extra libs i think...

• am I the only one that finds Audiosurf really boring?

Also, spectrum analyzing doesn't yield reliable results imho....I'd script it

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)