Hi Rich, thanks for the quick reply. I actually did try that option yesterday and the program crashed on me. It worked the first time (cut the tiles up, though my tileset wasn't set up properly, so the tiles were more like pieces of different tiles than discrete tiles) and then every time I right-clicked on that section it immediately crashed to the desktop.
I didn't report a bug because I thought maybe I had done something strange, or that it was my system, because it worked the first time (and it was late). I thought that maybe there was some other way I was supposed to be importing resources that I didn't know about. I can try to reproduce this error tonight and upload a .cap file if that would help.