Today, I've come across a problem that I've experienced a couple of times with Construct in the past year, and I'm not sure there's an obvious solution.
I have 27 global variables in main use (don't worry, I've used private variables where I've needed to, so I'm not just using global for everything), and simple conditions like global2=1 etc, work fine, and have done for months.
In the last couple of days I've added a few more global variables (to take it to 27).
Now it seems that any new conditions that I add to the main layout concerning the new variables (and some of the old ones) never seem to trigger.
I hope I've explained that clearly enough.
The strange thing is that if I add a condition involving some of the older variables, they trigger, even though they're in the same part of the layout.
Then, once again putting the new variable in place of the old one means that it doesn't trigger.
I've used the debugging to check that the variables are what I want them to be, and I've even used text boxes to display what they're holding, and although they should trigger, they just don't.
I know the program is reaching the group in question (by use of a "close" command at the start to make sure).
I said in the title that it's familiar because it's happened twice in the past, once of which was when I was writing the maze tutorial, and in both instances I had to delete the group and write it from scratch.
I doubt anyone can help with this, as it seems a very strange one, but I was wondering whether any else had experienced something similar in Construct.
I've spent a couple of hours on it today, and I think I'll have another go at it now, but my patience is wearing a bit thin.
When run, the program is taking up about 20meg VM, which is more than fine, and 27 global variables is nothing, and I wouldn't expect Construct to baulk at such a low number.