Exe. Runtime error - Failed to load Texture.

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
Use this game pack to create your own game, modify the existing game or simply take a look and see how it was made.
  • Hey guys.

I had a look around to see if I could see a solution to this but I didn't see and topics with this same problem. If this has already been discussed then I apologies.

I have made platform game, classic run and gun style. It is a Demo of three levels and contains 29 layouts.

When I export this as an Exe file and try and run it on a different computer I get a Runtime error that says:

"Construct encountered an error in the display engine"

"Failed to load texture (0x8007000e)"

Is there anything I should be doing when I export my file? I thought that the Exe file was a stand alone file.

Sorry if this is a stupid question, I was planning on entering the Indiepub games competitions. But they way things are going it might not happen.

Cheers.

-Adam

• Have you installed the latest version of the DirectX 9 runtime on this other computer? This seems like a problem that would be caused by that. Here's a link to the installer:

DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • It maybe a memory error.

• It's actually a out of memory error.Don't know if this will help but you could try this.

You can configure the heap size to be as high as 0x800000 by setting the following registry keys:

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Messaging Subsystem

Value Name: SharedMemMaxSize

Value Type: REG_DWORD

Value Data: 0x800000

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Messaging Subsystem\Applications\<MyApp>\SharedMemMaxSize

Value Name: SharedMemMaxSize

Value Type: REG_DWORD

Value Data: 0x800000

In this scenario, <MyApp> is the name of your application (without the .exe extension). For example, if your application is Mad.exe, enter MAD for the <MyApp> value.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)