Dotted line

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
solution for games like "fruit ninja" and drawing applications
  • Don't you think it would be useful to visually represent where the resolution of the window would be in the layout editor? Maybe it could show a dotted line or something, to show the window size in the layout.

This could be useful for when you're trying to make hud objects and in-game menus, so you know where to place and how big they'll be in your massive level.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Don't you think it would be useful to visually represent where the resolution of the window would be in the layout editor?

yes

• Currently I work it out by X and Y coordinates... subtracting the objects width and height from the layout width and height, and placing via coordinates.

Some kind of visual representation would make this a lot easier, but it is still quite possible to do without it.

Nice idea though, it would certainly save some time, especially if you change graphics for any GUI items... you have to recalcuate the position every time :/

~Sol

• Yeah, I'd find this useful too.

• in the meantime, you can make a sprite of a box, made of dotted lines, and set the width height as the screen dimensions. probably best to make it a small sprite, and expand it to the screen size. make it destroy on start during development, and remove it before exporting to exe.

• Added this for the next build.

• it would be nice as well if you could darken the area outside it (or apply some other effect), to enhance the visual distinction.

• I disagree with that suggestion - if you're working with a large level, I wouldn't want an overlay affecting how it looks. I think it'll be obvious enough.

• That could be distracting yeah, it's just lines where the application's window ends for now.

• Added this for the next build.

Is it toggleable? Like the grid options?

• No deadeye, it's there forever. By the way, there is no plans for an option to toggle it, and won't ever will be. I leik dotted leinzzzzzzzzzzzzzz z.

(But seriously, It better be togglable rich )

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)