devs not students?

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
2D fighting template based in the game that defined the fighting games genre.
  • in the construct main page it says the devs are all volunteers. does that mean construct isn't even someone's college thesis or anything? just curious. either way, you guys rock.

• No, it's not part of anybody's course (and therefore doesn't part-belong to any universities). It's an independent project.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • It has helped us get some work so far .

Definitely a nice thing to have to your name, especially after 1.0 (when it'll hopefully be deployed to schools, etc).

• Definitely a nice thing to have to your name, especially after 1.0 (when it'll hopefully be deployed to schools, etc).

It already is :p I think after this semester my game design teacher may teach it in her concepts class.

• i introduced it to my prof who does a game art class. a few students have already migrated, but hopefully everyone prototypes their games in construct instead of flash (our class collaborates with programmers for the actual game)

• wish i have schools teaching about game designs and art in my lovely country

• You could always bring up the idea with your school head or such, some schools may be willing to do it.

• hmm..that's not bad idea at all, but can you promise they will not kick me out if i ask?

• They won't kick you unless they're one of those schools that are tangled with Microsoft... y'know, if the headmaster is receiving some cut from the big Microsoft cake baked at the school, he might remove you forcefully if you ever suggest using some OTHER software....

• It's a harmless suggestion, which you may as well try.

If nothing else, start a club which runs at lunchtime or something for people who want to take part. You'll be able to put that you taught an amateur game development class in your spare time on your CV. Handy!

• yeah that's true just joking.

specially that i'm going back to school in march to finish that "artistic computer graphics" thingy.

ehh it's gonna be lazy time again...but that would be awsome to learn things about "how to make games" instead of boooring philosophy or art history class...

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)