Consturct Compiler Obervations

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
  • I am running Construct .099.82

I have never had a problem running the compiled program on my Vista PC Desktop, nor my XP Desk Top. But I can not run a compiled Vista game on my XP Dell Inspirion9300 laptop.

The Dell Inspirion 9300 laptop loads my compiled game's first Layout fine but when it goers to the second Layout all I see is a white page. Though if I compile the program on my Dell Inspirion then the game runs fine.

I may be running 1 beta back on my Dell Inspirion and will check that tomorrow

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I think, your Dell Inspirion have a problem.

Reinstall driver and download DirectX or post the game here.

• I think, your Dell Inspirion have a problem.

Reinstall driver and download DirectX or post the game here.

I do not think that is it Turok, that is the generic answer.

Update to the above:

While my Dell wold not "fully" run my vista compile on v.99.82 It did run when I compiled it on my Dell under v.99.8

I just installed v.99.82 on my Del XP Dell Inspirion9300 laptop and now my compiled program only partially runs like the Vista compile. So I am thinking something is up with a change in v.99.82

• Continuing my tests the one game I am making seem not to work on any WIn XP computers built under .99.85 while it runs fine under .99.8

Also noted that other programs compiled under .99.85 work fine on my XP computers.

So what features in .99.85 hates WinXP? My thoughts at this point are that it might be Multiple layouts with Include Event sheets? Continuing to test to see what in .99.85 is conflicting with XP.

Here is the exe for any XP people to look try

http://www.box.net/shared/hsdmke7uxm

• So what features in .99.85 hates WinXP? My thoughts at this point are that it might be Multiple layouts with Include Event sheets? Continuing to test to see what in .99.85 is conflicting with XP.

What is this version 99.85 you keep speaking of? And also, I use Windows XP and I have projects with multiple layouts and included event sheets and I don't have this problem.

• What is this version 99.85 you keep speaking of?

Oops .99.82 Bad memory LOL I guess it was wishful thinking for the next version.

And also, I use Windows XP and I have projects with multiple layouts and included event sheets and I don't have this problem.

I have tested this game on 3 XP computers and it has failed on all 3 at the seconds page. But if I compile under .99.8 it runs fine. So my exe runs fine for you Deadeye?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)