Construct's version of Daily Click

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
0 favourites
From the Asset Store
High quality sound effect pack, in the following categories: Simple, negative, pozitive
  • Haha... I dont see why Construct games cant go for game of the week?

yeah that is dumb

, damn visio-facists

• http://www.create-games.com/forum_post.asp?id=225380

Apparently Construct games ARE elligible.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • The admins have stated previously they'd accept Construct games, but I don't think anybody's finished one yet!

• Half of the Construct Tech demos I have seen here are well more worthy than some of the previous GOTWs haha and they are only TECH DEMOS!

I'm really amped about this program! Still messing around with it atm going to make a few small games that I can atleast finish. Looking forward to v1.0 of Construct.

Its time to finish some games so we can showcase the program guys!

CONSTRUCTICONS ROLL OUT!

• I read that forum and I have to say arguing is no good, just let your projects speak for themselves guys.

That is all.

• manontherun is probably right, the debate threads are mostly a waste of time - at least the latest one is civil! Remember the rules. Most of what I read in such threads involve people stating something incorrect, not being challenged, then using it as weight in the argument, so no point wading in there.

• Honestly, I think you need to completely separate yourselves from them. I don't understand why Construct is still being compared to them (klick). I think it's time to let it go.

• Plain and simple the daily click always accepted games of any form, click or not. Heck some gotw games are not even made by click products. So yes if you think you made a cool game, click, game maker, construct or whatever feel free to submit it.

Hopefully this will end this debate when we could be doing something else.. and yes the name the daily click came from a time when k&p was the only tool out there, however the domain name should speak volumes, end of story hopefully.

To start of your own community site while free to do so will only make a barrier between game makers, i think it is time to to start submitting your games, or demos or whatever and let them speak. We should not judge people on what tool they use but on the games they have created.

In others news i am in the middle of renovating my house took down 3 walls and i just sneezed black slime out of my nose if anyone wanted to know

• Half of the Construct Tech demos I have seen here are well more worthy than some of the previous GOTWs haha and they are only TECH DEMOS!

I'm really amped about this program! Still messing around with it atm going to make a few small games that I can atleast finish. Looking forward to v1.0 of Construct.

Its time to finish some games so we can showcase the program guys!

CONSTRUCTICONS ROLL OUT!

OH quite funny! Tech demos, why yes! Because A tech demo is better then a game? NO. All this construct program seems to be is a showcase of all the so-called "tech demos". Has anyone bothered to make a full fledged game with construct? NO. GOTW on tdc beats your ghost shooter anyday. yes, let's play the "It's still a beta" card!

• I only just found the program a few days ago, as opposed to the years and years and years of click products experience I had I am very new at construct. However I'm working on a little something now and I'll be happy to post it up when its done.

I think you also forget that alot of the Klik games have been in production for a VERY long time. Its not that people havn't bothered to make games its that they aren't finished :O

Anyway I'm not in for an argument war I have games to make! And thanks for clearing that up Rikus as I said I never wanted to start a fight, it just seems that the moment you mention Construct everyone thinks you are a witch and need to burn you.

I never thought a game making program could have fanboys though? It appears you can have fanboys of everything

Also codemonkey whats your real problem with Construct? Is it that everyone else who hasnt tried it and refuses to try it on TDC hates it? Monkey see Monkey do hey?

• I only just found the program a few days ago, as opposed to the years and years and years of click products experience I had I am very new at construct. However I'm working on a little something now and I'll be happy to post it up when its done.

I think you also forget that alot of the Klik games have been in production for a VERY long time. Its not that people havn't bothered to make games its that they aren't finished :O

Anyway I'm not in for an argument war I have games to make! And thanks for clearing that up Rikus as I said I never wanted to start a fight, it just seems that the moment you mention Construct everyone thinks you are a witch and need to burn you.

I never thought a game making program could have fanboys though? It appears you can have fanboys of everything

Also codemonkey whats your real problem with Construct? Is it that everyone else who hasnt tried it and refuses to try it on TDC hates it? Monkey see Monkey do hey?

My problem is people like you. "tech demos are better them 90% of the

crap that comes from the daily click." It's comments like those that set me off. And shut up about the stupid monkey see crap. I was very open to construct if you look at my earier posts, but the "community" is not active, the program is unstable, no one has bothered to make a real game yet. Also about klik games being in productions for a long time, people can make some simple fun games in a few days even. Something I haven't seen come out of this place yet.

• I never said it came FROM TDC just that it was posted there There are alot of terrible games on there, although there are some great ones aswell. What I was getting at is that the tech demos whilst only tech demos are already showing heaps of new things not yet seen(or if seen then not done well) in older klik games.

But I couldn't care less. Use what you want and stop bothering me with your gay rants.

• It's pointless arguing guys, come on, we're comparing an unfinished program with a commercially available program. I know I personally won't commit to making an actual game until we're out of beta, but I will continue to familiarise myself with the workings of Construct until then and release any 'tech demos' I feel might be useful to others.

There's no reason MMF'ers and Constructors can't get along, in fact I wouldn't even pigeonhole myself into either catagory. Both programs offer different things, and most things, within reason, are possible in either product.

TDC has good games and bad games, it is a relatively large community based on a long established line of products and a lot of users, regardless of skill, have access to one of these pieces of software. It's the same anywhere, user submissions will always vary in quality, but there are good as well as bad.

Phew, went on a bit of a rant there, but these arguments don't really get us anywhere, they're akin to playground arguments of "my dad could beat up your dad".

• Your totally right, I wasn't arguing just defending the product. I just hate it when people start fights with me for no reason over stupid things. These guys need to lay off the crack I say.

I'm glad that the oldies like Rikus and the other guys I know from back in the day have no problem with construct games on TDC.

• I agree, pointless argument going on here.

If you want to know why there's not many finished games, it's not because noone has bothered. That would be doing this community does a disservice. The users here are extremely diligent and helpful in reporting bugs, suggesting features and creating small tests and files to help others learn what Construct can do. I'm sure people would love to go and develop a large game with the risk of the file corrupting!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)