Hello, I am new to Construct and creating games. I have been using it and notice some interface changes that would work much better in my opinion.
1. The first thing I would like to see is being able to put the Layout Editor and Event Sheet Editor in separate windows. As it stands now you can only look at one or the other which seams kind of pointless to me. It is nice to be able to save screen real estate but I don't see why not have the option to move them like any other window.
2. The next thing is that when the Event Sheet Editor is open you can not change or select any of the object properties. I dont see why I have to click on Layout Editor then click on the object just to change the properties when it would be much easier to change it without going to the Layout Editor.
3. Now onto the Objects window. I notice that non of the objects can be rearranged or organized. I can imagine on a large project with hundreds of objects they would seam randomly place because the order is designated by the order they were created in. It would be very nice if they could be rearranged and even placed in folders or something to that effect.
Also this might be a bug, but the objects window never remembers its spot when you rearrange the layout. I like to place it on the bottom of my screen, but when I start Construct It will always place it on the default location.
4. This one does not have much to do with the interface but when I create an object it would be great if there was an option to automatically create it at 0,0 or a user defined location rather then clicking on a spot that most likely will not be the place you want the object. This would save a click.
5. Also if I could replace the large unmovable toolbar( the one with Home, Project, Layout...tabs) with the Quick Access Toolbar that would save a lot of space.
Well that is all I can think of for now.