Camera ZDepth

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
Simple and easily editable template for a dynamic camera that zooms in and out based on how far apart the players are.
  • Rather than having to adjust every object on the screen

would it be possible to have a Display->Set Z ?

• Would zooming the layer not work for some reason?

• Would zooming the layer not work for some reason?

This.

I originally thought that zoom merely enlarged the image, losing the parallax effect of a moving camera. Turns out it just moves the camera up and down along the Z axis.

• http://www.xdtech.net/construct/zdepth.zip

Zoom and ZDepth != same thing heh.

(0.99.3)

*edit*

Also demonstrates the distort-map "Popping" problem I've been having.

• Okay, it doesn't work quite as I thought. In that case, I wholeheartedly endorse this feature request.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Sorry but if every object had the same z there would be no depth. Objects must be at different z heights in order to see a difference, hence the reason why zero is on the ground, and 100 is kicking in your teeth. Besides you can use families to change multiple object's z at one time.

• Sorry but if every object had the same z there would be no depth. Objects must be at different z heights in order to see a difference, hence the reason why zero is on the ground, and 100 is kicking in your teeth. Besides you can use families to change multiple object's z at one time.

If every object had the same Z? Oo What on earth are you talking about heh. I just want to have a function that adjusts exactly where the camera is located on the Z axis. if objects are greater than 100 beyond the camera, then they are culled out. Using families to adjust it requires all objects to have the same variables which pretty much destroys the concept of "Making a project with more than one type of thing" that relies on z-depth.

I'm just trying to get as 3D as possible with Construct

• It doesn't, objects in families can have different variables/behaviors etc.

• It doesn't, objects in families can have different variables/behaviors etc.

Ah - I remember reading something that said different; my mistake there.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)