Buttons and layering...

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
A set of retro 16-Bit Neon UI elements to make your menus pop!
  • I was trying to make a sprite overlap a button but neither "always send to front", "always place in front of object" or moving either the sprite or the button to a different layer worked.

Is the "button" object locked to the top layer?

I wanted to make a custom mouse cursor but it always goes behind whatever button I make...

• Is the "button" object locked to the top layer?

Yes - it's a window control, and like edit boxes, list boxes and so on, these cannot be layered and are always on top. That's how Windows draws them.

If you're making a game I'd recommend using Sprites for buttons - the window controls are intended for applications, precisely because they have these layering limitations.

• > If you're making a game I'd recommend using Sprites for buttons - the window controls are intended for applications, precisely because they have these layering limitations.

>

Of course... why would I just make a custom cursor if I'm not going to bother doing the same with the buttons?

Thanks again.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Cursors can be changed so you could set a custom cursor over them, so if that's all you want to show above the controls, you're in luck . Custom cursors would require a simple plugin, hopefully it can be done before 1.0.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)