Blureffect requests

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
  • Would it be possible to combine the H/V blur effect into one plugin, where you could choose the strength of the blur and whether you would like the blur to be horizontal, vertical or both?

Right now, the effect is kinda useless and crappy. At least in my opinion

Also, would it be possible to have a fake motion blur effect that, rather than render more frames takes in to account the speed and direction of the object and blurs it accordingly.

For example object "car" is moving in a 56 degree angle with a speed of 10 pixels a second, the effect would then put a directional blur on "car" at 56 degrees and with a strength of, say 10.

In my mind such an effect would be faster than the motion blur that Construct uses now.

There are limitations to a motion blur like that though, since it wont blur rotations and animations. But for certain stuff it would probably work fine.

• ive asked for this 2, it should have control for y blur strength and x blur strength.should really have a strength setting, that way as you said, you could make directional blur, like

set yblur strength to SIN(angle)*('speed')

set xblur strength to COS(angle)*('speed')

and tada, you have fully working fake motion blur.

this would be really usefull

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • That's not a real motion blur, but customisable blurriness on the X and Y axis is definitely a good idea. I need to make some changes to the display engine to allow for this though - which will make it faster and customisable. It's on the todo list.

• I've been wondering if there is a way to manipulate effects that are applied to layers. I don't currently see any method to do this.

Perhaps a change in the way Layers are handled by the event editor is in order. Currently there are Layers actions in the System object, and you can do a System Compare on Layers info in a condition, but there isn't any way to access the effects applied to a specific layer to change them.

The idea I have is to separate Layers from the System object, the event editor would treat each layer as it's own object. This way you could more easily create conditions and actions directly with specific layers if need be, and you'd have access to each layer's effects the same way you do for objects like sprites.

I don't know how easy it would be to implement, or if this is too fundamental a change to Construct, but it's just a thought.

• That's not a real motion blur, but customisable blurriness on the X and Y axis is definitely a good idea. I need to make some changes to the display engine to allow for this though - which will make it faster and customisable. It's on the todo list.

I am aware that it is not real motion blur, thats why I wrote "fake motion blur". =)

Couldnt someone with the knowledge "just" modify the existing blur pixelshader? Since there are some effects with customizable parameters.

Anyway, thanks for a really, really cool piece of software. Oh, and thanks deadeye (I think it was you anyway) for writing about it on the TIGSforum, wouldnt have found out about it otherways.

• It might be possible to write a customisable blur shader already, but it can be made a lot faster with some changes to the rendering engine.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)