What do you think? Butt Slam attack bounce Teddy higher, or continue to smash enemies down?

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Bounce the ball and try to keep it bouncing and prevent it from falling down for as long as you can.
  • Hey folks :)

I rarely come here to show off what I've been working on. But, I figured I'd pop in, and ask for some opinions.

Earlier today, I added a new player mechanic, where he butt slams down into the ground to cause damage. Think, Yoshi Down "B", haha. I also added a new enemy to the game, where you need to butt slam the ground to flip it over, before jumping onto it. Similar to the spiked turtles in Mario games.

In your opinion. Based on the video linked below. Should it stay as it is, and smash the enemies into the ground. Or should it cause Teddy to bounce even higher than the normal jump/land bounce on the enemies? EDIT: I think the only section in this particular video where you can see that bounce height, is when he jumps on the turned over turtle.

Just curious what the majority vote would be XD

Thanks for taking the time to check this out, and share any feedback you may have :)

I hope you all are having a fantastic 4th of July weekend as well ;)

Subscribe to Construct videos now
  • Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I think it should stay as is. It's not bad, but maybe more impact when it squashes the enemies or thowmps the ground.

• I think it should stay as is. It's not bad, but maybe more impact when it squashes the enemies or thowmps the ground.

Thanks for your input :)

I was thinking the same thing. Could speed up the Squash animation if it's a buttslam attack. And, increase the magnitude of the shake.

Once I get sound in there, that will add to the impact as well.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)