Santas Platformer - Mobile Game

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Help Santa find all his presents in this incredibly fun platformer game! FULLY DOCUMENTED
  • I have released my game on the scirra arcade, it is a simple platformer but lots of fun!

Feel free to try it, since i would like some feedback, is the levels to easy? to hard? Bugs?

Any feedback appriciated.

Merry christmas guys!

construct.net/en/free-online-games/santas-platformer-34301/play

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Giving it a play right now. It's fun :). It might be nice have the falling platforms respawn after a certain amount of time. I've just got stuck on the second level. I fell all the way back to the start, and the platforms are gone. D'oh! XD Only way is to die/restart the level. Which may be better if you are going for a good time run anyways haha. Just a suggestion.

Overall it's a fun Holiday themed platformer, with solid mechanics so far. I'm going to try and play through the whole thing, to unwind for a while :). I'm looking forward to what comes up in future levels. I'm guessing, I want to avoid the angry looking snowmen that pace back and forth? Or can I destroy them somehow?

EDIT: Spelling mistakes.

• Giving it a play right now. It's fun :). It might be nice have the falling platforms respawn after a certain amount of time. I've just got stuck on the second level. I fell all the way back to the start, and the platforms are gone. D'oh! XD Only way is to die/restart the level. Which may be better if you are going for a good time run anyways haha. Just a suggestion.

Overall it's a fun Holiday themed platformer, with solid mechanics so far. I'm going to try and play through the whole thing, to unwind for a while :). I'm looking forward to what comes up in future levels. I'm guessing, I want to avoid the angry looking snowmen that pace back and forth? Or can I destroy them somehow?

EDIT: Spelling mistakes.

Thank you Brian for testing it!

The angry snow men could at first be harmed by jumping on their heads, but after some testing I removed that function to make the game a bit harder.

About the falling platforms, yes the only way is to restart level, I figured it will be hard that way but still challenging, but now however I am working on some savepoints, so the player can "respawn" closer to where they were, already got a function to reset the falling platforms and the player, just going to think about if I want players to spend gems to get extra lives, or just redo the restart system so it restarts closer to where the player was.

Again, thanks for your nice feedback! Merry Christmas!

P.S: After lvl 10 it will get REAL hard.

• > Giving it a play right now. It's fun :). It might be nice have the falling platforms respawn after a certain amount of time. I've just got stuck on the second level. I fell all the way back to the start, and the platforms are gone. D'oh! XD Only way is to die/restart the level. Which may be better if you are going for a good time run anyways haha. Just a suggestion.

>

> Overall it's a fun Holiday themed platformer, with solid mechanics so far. I'm going to try and play through the whole thing, to unwind for a while :). I'm looking forward to what comes up in future levels. I'm guessing, I want to avoid the angry looking snowmen that pace back and forth? Or can I destroy them somehow?

>

> EDIT: Spelling mistakes.

Thank you Brian for testing it!

The angry snow men could at first be harmed by jumping on their heads, but after some testing I removed that function to make the game a bit harder.

About the falling platforms, yes the only way is to restart level, I figured it will be hard that way but still challenging, but now however I am working on some savepoints, so the player can "respawn" closer to where they were, already got a function to reset the falling platforms and the player, just going to think about if I want players to spend gems to get extra lives, or just redo the restart system so it restarts closer to where the player was.

Again, thanks for your nice feedback! Merry Christmas!

P.S: After lvl 10 it will get REAL hard.

Awesome! I'm looking forward to the challenge :). Sounds like you've got a lot of updates planned as well. Not sure how you are doing your Check Points. I've found the easiest way is to have a spawn object for the player. Then when the player interacts with something, swings a sword at an sprite object, or collides/overlaps with an object like a sign post, it just moves the spawning object above that Check Point object(whatever it may be). And, just tells the player "Check Point Saved" with a simple Text Object that spawns, then disappears.

Merry Christmas, and Happy Holidays!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)