Repella Fella demo [Steam]

0 favourites
  • 13 posts
From the Asset Store
Vintage steam pixels for your UI! 125 unique assets in a single pack!
  • My construct 3 game now has a demo on Steam. It has a single level cut from the middle of the game.

Subscribe to Construct videos now

store.steampowered.com/app/1008860/Repella_Fella

Credit to dop2000 for helping with many of the mechanics!

Any and all feedback is welcome

• Haven't played it but was watching the livestream on steam.

That looked funny as hell, really, the noisy neighbor hahah

Spent nearly an hour watching that dude go from door to door trying all sorts of things.

That intro movie you posted was done really well too.

Kudos, great work !

• Just wow.

I can see this being a big hit.

Do you worry with this type of game that youtube personalities will play through the whole game and so people will not buy it?

• Everything's a worry! But since most options in the game contain at least 3 things to choose from, I'm not too bothered by it.

There are also various post-credit scenes you can see (based on your choices), books to read, cassettes to listen to, lots of stuff tied to choices. It's not really a game you can see everything in, in one playthrough.

And if nobody buys it, I will have absolutely 0 problems just playing games from now on, instead of making them. My brain is fried. It'll be nice to have something on Steam at least.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Wow....that's just awesome, great work, just shows what you can do with this awesome engine! Loving the animations and music. You've just added months to my game dev now I realise how crap it is in comparison! I've also just seen it's taken you 5years, damn that's dedication, how the hell you keep motivated to finish it? I'm 2years in, 3years is my max, anymore and I'll just hate the game.

• I don't know how, but I will say that I definitely hate it! Playing it 5,000 times during testing doesn't help.

• I've worked a couple of multi year projects but never managed to finish them despite the time and effort.

I lost all objectivity as to whether it was any good, if people would play it etc.

I bet this project was especially difficult in that regard with it be humorous. When does a joke stop being funny?

I have a lot of respect for you finishing this.

In a few months or years i'm sure you look back and be proud of what you've done.

• looks really nice!

you should submit to Tiny Teams!

yogscast.games/tinyteams

• Hey jobel, I did that and they ended up showcasing it. Thanks!

The game will also be showcased at PAX 2022 in October of this year:

gameshub.com/news/news/pax-aus-2022-indie-showcase-winners-digital-and-tabletop-26819

• Amazing, one of the most beautiful if not the most beautiful I have seen that I have made with Construct.

I wish you lots of success!!

Are you planning to release it only for Steam or also for mobile and browser?

• I'm not sure it'd work too well on mobile, there is 5+ hours of footage, the videos are 1440p and it totals ~7GB.

I think I could make a mobile version work with smaller videos + sprites, but it'd have to be a separate project and I'd need a way to get around file size limitations.

• My trip to PAX in blog form:

misadventurous.games/pax-australia-indie-showcase-2022

It went better than I thought, many people got to play this C3 game. Not many people had heard of Construct, but they have now 😄

I'm hoping to have it finished before Q4 2022, but we'll see how it goes.

• You can tell that he has a lot of work, I hope you have good luck with the game!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)