Psychedelic Camel-Vania! << please can you play test

1 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
A set of board games to make your day joyful. Play, Enjoy, Relax
  • I am making the world's first camel-vania about a camel that needs to find a golden tooth*

It's a platformer, adventure, a bit of a shoot 'em up, and also very, very bonkers (mad for Americans), where you fight skeletons, lightbulbs, gameboys, switch controllers, and more!

https://www.construct.net/en/free-online-games/camel-fortune-operation-63851/play

*Based on a true story.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I played it! Very weird and interesting. Cool vibes. How do you get that scanline look?

Yeah it was fun to move through, but I lacked a little bit of sense of direction or context or what I'm supposed to do (and I'm not a hand-holding liker generally).

Also didn't understand what the cards did, or why does he sometimes poop and sometimes shoot when I click the shoot button. Maybe that's on purpose.

I explored a bit and reached near the coffee cup.

Overall enjoyed it! Although not knowing what I'm doing made me not last very long.

• THANK YOU for your feedback!

I suppose because I made the game based on some other games, I know what is supposed to happen, but no-one else does :-)

You have to collect all the cards to complete the game.

Scanline look is the built-in scanlines effect.

The poop shoot is meant to be random - but again, this only makes sense in my head I think.

• I see, the cards... I don't know why but I didn't notice that I was picking them up until you said that. Maybe a stronger indication for the pick-up could be good.

Also the menu screen with the song I thought was great.

EDIT: I tried again.

I still didn't get the mechanic with the cards. What do the numbers mean (maybe a joke/puzzle that went over my head) and which one am I supposed to find next.

Also I realized that the first card is actually grabbable, but it's hard to reach it because when I press jump to get to it it teleports with the phone booth instead.

So that way it's almost like a tutorial moment that is missed. I think if it was grabbable easily at the start then players could realize that it's possible to grab them.

Sorry if this is more feedback than you wanted. Still curious about the game!

EDIT 2: This is an insane game. I like it! Once the cards became grabbable - I don't know why that happened - it became a lot more fun. Enjoying all the weird ideas in it.

• thank you ilanfl!

i have now added in texts that explain things at the beginning, but in a way that is not obtrusive.

Because I spent so much time on it, I did the classic indiedev thing of not seeing something really basic in front of me, thinking that anyone would understand.

The first card: you can shoot the brown blocks before it, but I also understand that these look like walls, so you wouldn't think about shooting them etc. Will change.

The game gets very strange as you go along, fighting some strange enemies in strange scenarios :-D

Once again, thanks for the feedback. It is really appreciated.

• Can I ask what was the trigger that I hit that made the cards collectible?

All except the first one?

• Yeah it's how much gold you have. Each card has a random price.

You might need to refresh the browser, as there is now text instructions when you start the game.

• It's a price.... ok. The numbers :) Alright. Thanks

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)