Monster Collecting, Bullet Hellish Platformer w. Light RPG Elements!

0 favourites
  • 2 posts
From the Asset Store
This pack contains 10 types of bullet effects, with different shapes and colors.
  • Yeah... I know, that title sounds crazy and interesting and I'd click on it too. Thank you, thank you! lol

Before the wall of text... here's some media from my game:

Tilemapping Timelapse & End Result

Subscribe to Construct videos now

Combat Level

Subscribe to Construct videos now

Hello C3 community! I've been using construct for quite a while but I've never actually used these forums for anything before.

I've been working on a game project since the beginning of this year(2019) and now I can say with a bit of confidence that there's enough of a foundation to the game for me to show people. The game, just like it says in the title of this post is a monster collecting, bullet hellish platformer with some light rpg elements mixed in for good measure.

The main objective of the game is to collect orbs in order to strengthen your monsters, collect new monsters, and unlock new abilities for your monsters. Most of the game's content takes place in short missions and there is a hub world where you control a free camera and can watch all of your monsters freely roaming around on their own as well as boost their stats for the next mission.

In each mission, you can bring up to 3 monsters and switch between them freely. Each monster will have its own unique combination of abilities, stats, and many monsters will have different methods of movement (currently, there are walking, flying, and swimming monsters. Though the swimming monsters are not featured in any of the available content as of the writing of this post) Using a good combination of monsters and a proper strategy is the best way to get the maximum results out of any individual mission run.

Each monster can be strengthened in an attribute based system rather than a single level based system. You can level up each stat for a monster individually and their stats will affect both their power in combat against other monsters as well as their movement and jumping/flying ability in areas of intense platforming.

There is an early demo version of the game available for anyone who is interested to play on my website: somepixelguy.com

I'm currently looking for a group of people who wouldn't mind volunteering to play test the new content that I'm creating for the game. I have quite a bit of character balancing and level designing/tweaking to do and having people to test would be extremely helpful. Up until this point, I've been relying on friends and family to be my play testers... hasn't worked out as well as I've hoped xD

If you're interested in play testing new content for my game, there's a link to my discord group on my website's homepage, just under the game. Just join that group and let me know you want to test the game!

***EDIT: 4/30/2019 Added a couple screenshots of the game as well. Stuff from the game menu and ingame.

***Edit: 5/7/2019 Added a video that I made that was also posted to the "Post screenshots of what you're working on" thread

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I just played this game.

Playing first tutorial level i didnt actually know it is just an tutorial level. So i have played this level for about 10min.

My thougts were, that it has nice feel to it, but i was feeling little bored.

So i finnaly end the tutorial lvl ( which i didnt know it was an tutorial in first place ),

and then...

Whole new world just opened before me.

I was send to the game lobby menu.

Beutifully designed lobby world (home) was the first thing that cought my attention more then before.

After some time spend in lobby, i finnaly grapsed the real concept of this game. And the concept is great.

So after spending some time in the lobby and some playing time and after contacting the developer of this game,

i can say for sure, that this game, eaven if in pre-alpha

deserves more attention.

Good day to all,

Anze

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)