Egg Hunt Game for my daughter

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
Eat the eggs and make the snake as long as possible!
  • When my wife and I moved to Europe we realized that it would be the first Easter that we didn't hide eggs for our daughter (she's 30). This made me kind of sad, so I found some pictures of our old house and used them to create an egg hunt game!

It has become a tradition and on Sunday I sent Autumn egg hunt game #4. This time the theme was "home", so I started with a picture of where she works in Seattle, followed by a picture of where I work in Berlin. (Then I did "drinks", "graffiti", etc.) There 10 scenes, 5 eggs in each scene.

NOTES/DISCLAIMERS:

1. The game runs in the browser. It's big and takes a minute or so to load. Be patient.
    2. It ONLY works on PC/Mac. It doesn't work on phones or tablets.
    3. You can use your middle mouse button to zoom in and out. This helps because I get a bit... creative... with some of my egg hiding. 😈
    4. I don't own most of the pictures or any of the music. Copyright violations abound.

https://www.cuttergames.com/egghunt_2019

• awesome! I love homemade games like this.. its really great!

you made it really hard though! there was a nasty hidden egg in the coffee house.. I never even saw it.. I clicked it by mistake.. I must have heard that Winter Wonderland song about 5 times!!

after a certain amount of time you should pop up a message and say click space for a hint. Then have your mouse pointer glow blue if they are no where near an egg and then more red as they get closer to one!

I made one for my son the past few years where he has to navigate our house in the game and hit the space bar to scan for a present.. then if he gets a hit he has to go run to where that is in the house irl and find the present. he loved it when he was 6, then it became a tradition.. now he's 9 and I had to make it a lot more difficult with riddles and math problems... but I like this idea.. I may have to borrow it!

• When my wife and I moved to Europe we realized that it would be the first Easter that we didn't hide eggs for our daughter (she's 30). This made me kind of sad, so I found some pictures of our old house and used them to create an egg hunt game!

It has become a tradition and on Sunday I sent Autumn egg hunt game #4. This time the theme was "home", so I started with a picture of where she works in Seattle, followed by a picture of where I work in Berlin. (Then I did "drinks", "graffiti", etc.) There 10 scenes, 5 eggs in each scene.

NOTES/DISCLAIMERS:

1. The game runs in the browser. It's big and takes a minute or so to load. Be patient.
    2. It ONLY works on PC/Mac. It doesn't work on phones or tablets.
    3. You can use your middle mouse button to zoom in and out. This helps because I get a bit... creative... with some of my egg hiding. 😈
    4. I don't own most of the pictures or any of the music. Copyright violations abound.

https://www.cuttergames.com/egghunt_2019

Very nice one. Good work. God bless.

• john Cutter

very well done again! found all of them - the zoom really help this time.

the second black and white one gave me the most trouble.

• Thanks for the nice comments. It's fun to put those little games together every year. Takes me a couple of days to find and edit the new music, pick out some new eggs, hide them in the scenes, etc.

I have one "egg" object with two animations: "full" and "pieces". I use a paint tool to hide the eggs (by scaling, cropping, etc.) then I save the pieces and import those frames into "pieces". I place the pieces in the scenes using C3 and change a variable for each piece to indicate which "full" egg it comes from. Then the game engine I created four years ago handles everything else.

you made it really hard though! there was a nasty hidden egg in the coffee house.. I never even saw it.. I clicked it by mistake.. I must have heard that Winter Wonderland song about 5 times!!

Haha. Yeah, sorry about that. I knew that scene was going to be really hard so I actually hid 6 eggs in that one. There are two hard ones and you only need to find one of them. (One egg is covering the letter "O" in FLORENCE. The other one is super tricky. There is an egg shaped object on the counter. That seemed too easy... so I hid the egg in the egg shaped object's *reflection*. Yeah, I suck.)

The game you made/make for your son sounds awesome! I love using Construct for projects like these.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • very well done again! found all of them - the zoom really help this time.

the second black and white one gave me the most trouble.

Thanks! And I can't believe you played this one all the way through, too. You are a dedicated (and somewhat masochistic) gamer!

Regarding the zoom... yeah, about that. The other one had it, too. In fact, this is the 4th year that I've made this game for my daughter and all four have had the zoom. I mainly make it for her to play, so I don't always include instructions.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)