Constructenstein 3D - Raycast engine template

4 favourites
  • 14 posts
From the Asset Store
Fruit Slicer Template & Quality fruit and slice graphics (capx,c3p,png,illustrator files)
  • Constructenstein 3D

Due to popular demand, I'm right now working on the updated raycast engine for Construct 3. It's aim will be to let you people create your own raycasting games with Construct. It can do less than Doom, but more than Wolfenstein 3D.

I've ported most of the features from my first attempt in C2 and heavily focused on usability and performance. The template will be using Freedoom assets under the BSD license as I don't have too much time to create my own from scratch.

Features

-Optimized 3d raycasting engine that will do all the heavy lifting

-Easy to use level editing in Construct 3 layout editor

-Pickups, weapons, ammo, health, keys, etc.

-Minimap

-Colored fog effect

-Different enemies

-Different projectile types (hitscan, rockets, plasma balls, etc.)

-Difficulty settings

-Doors, secret areas, touchplates

-Function library for total engine control

-Ingame menu overlay

-Customizable controls

-Will come with full documentation

Some ingame impressions

Editor layout

Release date: When it's done

Although it's been a year since the original preview videos on Youtube, stay tuned!

Cheers!

• This looks bloody amazing! Already putting ideas into my head and I havnt even finished my first game yet!

• Impressive! Very much looking forward to this!

• Awesome! Are you going to sell the engine?

Is is possible to add shadows? Depending on the light source?

This looks promising!

• Awesome! Are you going to sell the engine?

Is is possible to add shadows? Depending on the light source?

This looks promising!

The template will be for sale in the shop at a reasonable price.

It will not be possible to add dynamic shadows. For that, we are missing an equivalent to C2‘s paster plugin.

• Constructenstein 3D

Due to popular demand, I'm right now working on the updated raycast engine for Construct 3. It's aim will be to let you people create your own raycasting games with Construct. It can do less than Doom, but more than Wolfenstein 3D.

I've ported most of the features from my first attempt in C2 and heavily focused on usability and performance. The template will be using Freedoom assets under the BSD license as I don't have too much time to create my own from scratch.

Features

-Optimized 3d raycasting engine that will do all the heavy lifting

-Easy to use level editing in Construct 3 layout editor

-Pickups, weapons, ammo, health, keys, etc.

-Minimap

-Colored fog effect

-Different enemies

-Different projectile types (hitscan, rockets, plasma balls, etc.)

-Difficulty settings

-Doors, secret areas, touchplates

-Function library for total engine control

-Ingame menu overlay

-Customizable controls

-Will come with full documentation

Some ingame impressions

Editor layout

Release date: When it's done

Although it's been a year since the original preview videos on Youtube, stay tuned!

Cheers!

Why teasing forever, just make a GIT repo so everyone can help there :/ i am following this thing for years now and i cannot wait longer :D

• is this project dead?

• is this project dead?

Yep.

Sadly the dev wont reply nor publish on github for the horde so id say yes this is dead

• > is this project dead?

Yep.

Sadly the dev wont reply nor publish on github for the horde so id say yes this is dead

Ah man this is like the only construct 3 raycast that had some potential and there's none else i can find that are active :/ all the links they used are dead now, its a real shame :(

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • > > is this project dead?

>

> Yep.

> Sadly the dev wont reply nor publish on github for the horde so id say yes this is dead

Ah man this is like the only construct 3 raycast that had some potential and there's none else i can find that are active :/ all the links they used are dead now, its a real shame :(

Yes! I am completely with you , i offered money already to get my hands on smth like this but the only project you can get is the one from "Uberdroidgames" which is buggy , runs at maybe 15 FPS here and is poorly made..

• Still going, right now placeholder art, menu, then documentation.

I've lost a considerable amount of spare time due to private matters and the Covid19 crisis.

I am cutting on some features before the initial release, so it CAN be released in some time.

Thank you for the continued interest in this.

EDIT: Due to licensing complications when repacked, I opted to replace the FreeDoom art.

• Still going, right now placeholder art, menu, then documentation.

I've lost a considerable amount of spare time due to private matters and the Covid19 crisis.

I am cutting on some features before the initial release, so it CAN be released in some time.

Thank you for the continued interest in this.

EDIT: Due to licensing complications when repacked, I opted to replace the FreeDoom art.

Wow a sign of life :D Welcome back you ancient mage!

Well , i offer my time and help to support you. I can replace the assets for you if needed or do other cleanup work if needed.

Looking forward to see this baby soon

If you have a donate button or smth to support you let me know

also , maybe consider putting this on github so we can help you to get it done , if you want even private.

just want to get this beast done :)

• Here's the basic implementation (C3):

drive.google.com/file/d/1Gj69ab5f5wuozDnCf1UaH1tb8mPs99gi/view

Walls + sprites with correct z ordering.

Without javascript and/or plugins, it won't get any faster than that.

Cheers!

• It's looking really nice. Thanks!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)