[C3] Post screenshots of what you're working on!

From the Asset Store
We present to you “Post Apocalyptic Trailer” – our newest hard hitting, bass rumbling designed movie trailer collection.
  • > Finally finished the first playable version. It only has the tutorial. If you are willing to test my game, check out my Itch.io page

>

> https://imgur.com/a/mOECf7P

No keyboard control? Want to play!

Thanks for the interest. I think I have to support keyboard early on then. I really need any feedback I can get about the movement mechanics since everything depends on it.

I'll update you here when it's done. ^^

• > > Finally finished the first playable version. It only has the tutorial. If you are willing to test my game, check out my Itch.io page

> >

> > https://imgur.com/a/mOECf7P

>

> No keyboard control? Want to play!

Thanks for the interest. I think I have to support keyboard early on then. I really need any feedback I can get about the movement mechanics since everything depends on it.

I'll update you here when it's done. ^^

Awaiting :)

• sleepingpandaCheers

klabundeeThanks

Here's the progress on my dialogue system. Got Dialogue Designer working after getting my head around JSON.

And what it looks like inside DD:

Too hard for me I'm afraid. I found the wall jumping pretty tricky with a controller, especially as you have to press into the wall to get maximum height, but that's counter intuitive when you're also trying to get distance away from the wall. Feel free to hit me up on the Discord channel if you want me to elaborate.

The graphics are top notch.

Great artstyle. Is that a point and click adventure?

• Really great look. Is that a point and click adventure?

Not exactly. While it takes some inspiration from them (particularly a certain series of games first started by Lucasarts), the puzzle solving is more centred around solving riddles, piecing together maps and reading through clues to find the exact locations of treasure to dig them up. The inventory system allows the player to expand their toolbox, rather than being an arbitrary set of objects that need to be combined together to solve something.

It will also be much less linear that a tradition point and click.

I would consider it more closely related to something like The Witness, but with some unlocking vania style elements (I like to think of it as a puzzlevania).

• LukeW

Look really good, and i love the idea of finding clues to a treasures location then going there and digging.

• Wrapping up my very first game! It's a western themed platformer in which you drink whiskey to stay alive and throw snakes at greedy bounty hunters who are out to get you.

Haven't thought of a name yet, suggestions are welcome :D

• LukeW

Windwalker

Hi guys. Took longer than I wanted but I did some nice improvements to the movement mechanics besides adding support to keyboard. The controls are more intuitive and got inspired by the masterpiece called Celeste. ^^

Play the game

You can access my devlog on my Itch.io page

why these Gifs got resized that much? o/

• LukeW That dialog tree looks insane ! Pretty nice pixel graphics too

LoGuz You have a really great old school vibe going on - the whip makes me remember the old Indiana Jones platformer.

Stunning presentation - love the work with the particles on where the slime is grabbing.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • LordKhaos Thank you! Means a lot to me :)

• I sent you some feedback over Discord. Not sure if you saw it or not.

LordKhaosThanks. Writing the dialogue is pretty daunting.

• LukeW Sorry for the delay, I just answered you there. Very helpful inputs. Thank you.

• Some new environments:

• LordKhaos I'm really glad it shows, it's the vibe I was going for! The single player mode is ready, I'm now working on a simple, 2 players versus/duel game mode.

I really enjoyed giving your game a try. The peaceful atmosphere tricked me into thinking it would be easy but it's actually quite hard, especially without a controller (I found it hard to dash while going up).

• LoGuz Thanks for the privilege! I'm going to ease the difficulty level at the start of the game in the next updates and start to build more levels other than just this initial tutorial

This game is meant to be played with a controller like most of platformer games :P, but I'll give full support to keyboad, as well as key binding for both, controller and keyboard.

Feel free to give me any insight/criticism. Thank you!

• LukeW

Windwalker

Hi guys. Took longer than I wanted but I did some nice improvements to the movement mechanics besides adding support to keyboard. The controls are more intuitive and got inspired by the masterpiece called Celeste. ^^

Play the game

You can access my devlog on my Itch.io page

why these Gifs got resized that much? o/

Well, I played it with keyboard and I must say, this is really, really looking and playing nicely. It's got a jagged difficulty curve that is more about getting used to controls, than the game being actually difficult. But the environments, sprites, everything pulls you into the game. I really want to play more, just can't find time to do so but for the 20 minutes or so I played, I must say this has a lot of potential.

If I had to nitpick, I would say there's something about the player sprite's animations/deformation during different actions, I just can't put my finger on it. Nothing major, though.

Love it, would like to see it grow!

Will write more when I have the time to play more.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)