[WIP] 20 Times Cactus - Play the same level 20 times

0 favourites
  • 12 posts
From the Asset Store
20 high-quality 2D monsters. This asset is perfect for a side scrolling game, or even a turn based RPG type game.
  • Hurray! Just published the first (early) version of my first platformer game

https://el3um4s.itch.io/nero-cactus-adventures

Subscribe to Construct videos now

I just added some 🎼 music and 🎶 sound effect in this project.

Still missing:

🔹pause system

🔹credits

🔹highscore

Then, it's time to think about where to release this game

• First mobile test for my new project: 20 Times Cactus, a simple gravity platformer.

I haven't decided yet if I should publish this game and where. But this gamplay seems addictive.

• looks interesting look forward to playng it

• Frozen Well Studios

Thank you Frozen Well Studios. I hope I can publish it in the next week (maybe in itch.io or Play Store).

And about itch.io. I saw your games frozen-well-studios.itch.io: I like your creations.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Good job, looks great and fun to play. Probably a little short though right? You'll have to give them reasons to play again to level 20 ^^

• Looks like fun, I like the background art style and it looks really responsive. The pixel particles on death feel out of place with the rest of the art style though. I agree with on the game length, unless it's just a demo (or on itch you could mark in development, with promise of more levels or features.)

I'm wondering if you want to add a sense of urgency w/ some kind of timer (in gameplay, e.g. flooding, impeding doom from creature or something company or via simple timer per level, with carry over time, e.g. like Marble Madness.)

Perhaps try out making the fireballs in the same color scheme as the layout and player (w/ perhaps more effects to make it obvious they are deadly). See what that looks like, I think it will look 'clean'.

Nice work, looking forward to seeing more.

• Thank you and Mikal

The pixel particles on death feel out of place with the rest of the art style though. [...] Perhaps try out making the fireballs in the same color scheme as the layout and player.

I noticed this only when I read your comment. Thanks :)

I'm wondering if you want to add a sense of urgency w/ some kind of timer

I don't think, almost for the first "complete" release. I prefer a slower game with only one life.

Probably a little short though right? You'll have to give them reasons to play again to level 20 ^^

I agree with plinkie on the game length, unless it's just a demo

For now, my first concern is to release a playable (demo) game. I don't worry about lenght: when the tech parts work I'll add some levels. In my mind, I want to add other worlds (and other cactuses). Or a "journey" mode, or something similar. But I don't want to spend too much time: before the 2019 I want publish it.

Today I created an itch.io page for the game, but it is in "draft mode" for now. Then I'll start to clean code (I discovered the families potential).

If you want, you can play the demo in this page: https://el3um4s.itch.io/20-times-cactus

• A simple camera test.

• Subscribe to Construct videos now
  • Nice game also a bit hard but addictive, the background picture sometime make me dizzy seeing it, the first background on the video post above is better IMO. Also in game setting when I click just display blank screen.

• AnataGames Thank you

Hurray! Just published the first (early) version of my first platformer game

https://el3um4s.itch.io/nero-cactus-adventures

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)