I'm going to just jump into it and ask all Romanian's that are contributing to the translation to keep some elements not translated for the health of our minds and the next few logical reasons:
1) Some expressions are going to make the interface more confusing .
2) Some of them are untranslatable.
3) Making words that sound as a real word that might exist in Romanian language won't do it, it needs some research if your not sure about it, there are plenty of sources online that helps you with it, if not, a little trip to the book store getting a English-Romanian Translation book is not going to harm nobody. Adding TOR, EZ, LEZ,UL ,ULUI and OR or any other termination at end of words can translate almost every word in almost 50% of the cases in Romanian however they are just promoting bad grammar, keep in mind that this is not only a learning tool for game developing enthusiasts is also going to be available in schools, so you'll be responsible for the minds you shape when comes to grammar in heavily used software(if lets say some bad translation passes the verification, Scirra Team will do before approving the translation).
4) Keeping some of the expressions untranslated actually helps future users or current users to dabble between English version and Romanian version. And improve their English language understanding on top of the programming puzzle logic of C3.
Official technical terms when searched online since that is our nr. 1 "go to" to find information about things, they are not translated. Therefore it will be hard for users to go on google lets say and search for Romanian expressions for C3 ... they won't find any... because they are all in English.
Also it will be hard for the users to follow a video/blog tutorial or use any other software that has similar technical terms in English since they know the Romanian version only.
5) Most of the current generation, new generation and future generations that will come are already or will be using English mixed with Romanian language and it will come natural and intuitive to them having a mixed translated interface.
Here are some examples that i found so far and i wish you agree we should keep untranslated, not because they cant be translated but because are also heavily used in other platforms/softwares and transitioning will render the knowledge accumulated in C3 useless:
| Parallax | Tilemap | WebRTC | DataChannels|
[/code:g8o5ljme] - here we also need to know if Scirra Team agrees with this or not in the end is their call
Ashley . I promise im not trying to be lazy like someone accused me just its weird translating them( they don't flow good with the Romanian language, or the translation would be just weird by itself ) and the above reasons.[/p]
More will be added , if you guys/ladies agree, as i go on with the progress of translation so far we reached a bit above 10% i think till next week will be completed depends now if any other Romanian speaking native person will join, before you join please be aware of the rules that come with translating found in the [url=https://www.scirra.com/forum/how-to-help-translate-construct-3_t195902]official post[/url].[/p]
The post i did i know ironically even though is for the Romanian community, i written it in English that is because most of the stuff i written probably will make sense for other Translations also, hopefully they'll find something useful in here that they agree with and use it in their approach. [/p]
Final and most important probably so far of the requests in this list hopefully without making nobody mad, if you are not a native speaker please don't join the translation it will just make our work harder, since we will have to go back and check the translation you contributed and with 13000+ objects to be translated that totals around 75,000 or more words that will be just wasted time.[/p]
Here make exception those that are Romanian speaking but foreign nationalities and speak better Romanian then our own natives. [/p]
Thank you for reading and hopefully understanding all that was said.