113 problems in Turkish translation as of 2020-03-30

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
30 high-quality 2D monsters. This asset is perfect for a side scrolling game, or even a turn based RPG type game.
  • A recent update to the Turkish translation has resulted in 113 problems. The list is available here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/m71bmt1r7cjlv65/tr-tr-2020-03-30.txt?dl=0

They will all need to be corrected before the in-progress translation in the Construct editor is updated again.

Please do not use machine translation, like Google Translate, when translating Construct 3. It is an inappropriate tool that results in poor quality translations. These translations will then fail later quality reviews and have to be re-done, resulting in wasted effort and taking longer before the translation is ready.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hi there Ashley,

Is it possible to check other lines too? We should use same word for "solids" for example. I checked that txt file but most of them small mistakes like using {My} instead of {my} or giving more whitespace than it should have but some "sentences" still looks weird somehow.

• Our tool can only make automated checks, things like consistency of terminology are quality issues that are up to the translators.

• Yeah but in the end it will effect the quality of your product, not translators.

For example the word "object" in Object oriented programming can be both "obje" or "nesne" in Turkish. Both of them used by programmer while describing what oop is. "Cisim" is also have very similar meaning and in Construct's "objects" it is possible that someone may use "cisim" while others can choose "nesne" or "obje" as (i beleive) there are more than one person trying to translate these.

• Can you ban the person who's using Google Translate? It is really annoying you know.

• Yeah but in the end it will effect the quality of your product, not translators.

For example the word "object" in Object oriented programming can be both "obje" or "nesne" in Turkish. Both of them used by programmer while describing what oop is. "Cisim" is also have very similar meaning and in Construct's "objects" it is possible that someone may use "cisim" while others can choose "nesne" or "obje" as (i beleive) there are more than one person trying to translate these.

I think we should use Nesne because Cisim is like "matter" (madde) I don't know which one's closer. Are you in the Turkish Construct Discord? We can discuss it there if you want. We have translators there.

• I think we should use Nesne because Cisim is like "matter" (madde) I don't know which one's closer. Are you in the Turkish Construct Discord? We can discuss it there if you want. We have translators there.

No i am not, never used Discord before so i don't know what to do (:

• > I think we should use Nesne because Cisim is like "matter" (madde) I don't know which one's closer. Are you in the Turkish Construct Discord? We can discuss it there if you want. We have translators there.

No i am not, never used Discord before so i don't know what to do (:

If you create an account, here we are.

discord.gg/qHfUVDZ

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)