How Do I load a new javascript file and a html file to a layout?

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
Create your game with this complete pack of images and animations!
  • Basically that.

Tagged:

• The question doesn't really make sense, since HTML and JavaScript are not associated with specific layouts. There is one HTML page the entire game runs in. What are you trying to do?

• This sounds like a possible new vote for the following idea: construct3.ideas.aha.io/ideas/C3-I-305

Basically, custom HTML hooks that would allow the user to customize the web HTML5 export template by adding code snippets.

• The question doesn't really make sense, since HTML and JavaScript are not associated with specific layouts. There is one HTML page the entire game runs in. What are you trying to do?

I found your video tutorial Ashley.

"JavaScript coding in Construct" youtube-ScirraVideos

That's exactly what I was looking for, Thank

Before That I did a plain Javascript tutorial for html, so I figured i could just right click make a new Javascript file and maybe a new html file add it to the project and it would work. But I noticed that the whole project's code won't work like that. You have to use add-Script file. + It just wouldn't work anyways with getElementById, or document.getSomething. i know document has to be run time. i should say that this project i had done only uses a canvas element.

• I did the basic player movement tut but i couldn't get it to work. Then i noticed you added the "keyboard" object and it worked perfectly. :)

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads

But, Literally in C3 you can add a HTML file, javascript, and or a CSS file to the project. So I was wondering if there was a way of doing just that instead of using layouts event sheets. not that i plan on doing it but I wonder how it all connects.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)