Updating / Redoing Add On with C2 Runtime to C3 Runtime (Where to start?)

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Add SubRip (SRT) subtitles to your videos in Construct 3
  • Hello Brilliant Construct Community,

If this should be posted under "How do I..." please let me know and I'll repost there.

I have tried a few times (unsuccessfully) to port the SCORM plugin (https://github.com/Mimiste/c3-scorm-plugin) using workarounds, the c3IDE tool and also trying to contract this out to a couple people. The author of the plugin did a wonderful port from C2 to C3 but it still used the C2 runtime so although I could technically use it in C3, it did not leverage C3 runtime and is now not working at all because of the phase out of that runtime.

So my question to anyone who can help, is how do I get started? I have the C3IDE tool from pirahna305 and have opened up the code, but what are the main differences between the two runtimes from the technical side - how would I know what to change?

If anyone could provide some guidance on this I would greatly appreciate it. I'm willing to do the work (or pay if someone else can do it) but I am genuinely interested in understand more of the back-end. I do not have a background in coding but have learned a ton working with Construct and other web design projects and can learn on my own if I know what I need to do.

Thank you!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Eren Thanks for the link. I actually hadn't seen that forum despite looking through several SCORM related posts.

The addon does load into construct correctly and doesn't give any major project issues, however, the cannot initialize - it freezes or turns the screen black when it can't do it and you can't move forward, which means it doesn't work at all.

I'm not sure what the deal is with the C3 runtime and SCORM. When you port something over, what exactly changes between the two runtimes?

I'd like to understand what happens that makes something compatible or incompatible to be able to troubleshoot this further.

SCORM is just a language to allow HTML to talk to Learning Management Systems and it's really basic, especially in this addon. All it does is initialize the LMS (to start passing data back and forth), set a specific set of possible LMS values, and commit to the LMS. I'm not sure why the C3 runtime is causing trouble with it since it worked flawlessly with the C2 runtime (even on C3). It seems like it wouldn't be much different than writing the local storage, but something isn't connecting properly.

Here's a test project I put together. It won't work outside of an LMS but it doesn't initialize when tested in an LMS either so I'm not sure what the problem is.

Link to C3p file

Link to exported zip file

Thanks for any additional help or guidance you can provide.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)