Behavior inheritance?

0 favourites
  • 2 posts
  • Heya all, I know how to build gameplay logic in various systems and a thing or two about object oriented programming in general, but I'm not an expert in JS or web programming.

I would like to add some functionality to the Platformer plugin, like coyote time and an arbitrary number of double-jumps. It's easy to do with event sheet logic, but I'd like something more portable. I hate having to redo my work (and C3 projects get corrupted when you try to copy paste things you shouldn't, I've found.)

My instinct is to say, "OK, Platformer does a bunch of what I want, I'm not sure how to access its properties and methods directly in this system, and I don't see an easy way to make a component that's fully independent of that behavior while fully leveraging it", so my first thought is to make a child class of the Platformer behavior and just add a few new methods to it. Is that possible, or is there a clean alternative?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hello,

I don’t think you have an add-on that inherits from another addon-on. You could copy paste code from one add-on and add more features. That would create a maintenance issue 😓 add-ons should not be dependent on other add-ons in IMO.

Probably it is better to make an add-on the is focused on what you want to do.

Writing add-ons ins not that hard to do. And the smaller it can be the easier it is to get started.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)