Wrong Zoom out to infinity

0 favourites
  • 10 posts
From the Asset Store
All popular touch mechanics - scrolling, zooming, swiping
  • Scaler outer and my zoom is infinitive and doesnt stop. I made some changes to prevent zoom out but it doesnt work in C3 runtime.

• Just try it yourself - you can resize the preview window. Or run remote preview, open the link in another Chrome window and use the Device Toolbar. It will allow you to see how the game will look on different phones.

developers.google.com/web/tools/chrome-devtools/device-mode

Using 1320x720 resolution with letterbox scale will cause black bars at the top and bottom when the game is run on any 16:9 (1280x720) or 4:3 screen.

You need to use Scale Outer mode and stretch backgrounds by about 100px from each side on all layouts. Make sure to enable Unbounded Scrolling for all layouts, and you can use Anchor for your UI elements.

scirra.com/tutorials/73/supporting-multiple-screen-sizes

• Thanks, yes that's the problem and I don't know how to solve it. I did Outer but if I zoom out then:

- The menu on the HUD is too middle (Should be in corners). I cant move it to the corners because

on narrower screens it will be cut off.

- I did a zoom lock (IMG), but when you zoom out, you can see the white side, because the system does not react on time. But it almost work

• It looks like in the a movie. youtu.be/B_wr0uosw7U

When I zoom out for a split second I can see the white right side of the screen. It is because I gave a correction in the code and the system reacts a little too late.

On start: Set layout scale to 1.2

Then : When LayoutScale < 1 THEN DO: Set layout scale to 1.2

That its better for me that changing background and etc.

PS. Im still not sure how its gonna look on narrowest screens

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • The menu on the HUD is too middle (Should be in corners).

Use Anchor behavior with HUD elements.

When I zoom out for a split second I can see the white right side of the screen.

Make the background (the blue area in your video) larger. If your layout is 1280x720, make the background 1500x1000.

PS. Im still not sure how its gonna look on narrowest screens

I already told you how to test for different screens - use the Device Toolbar in Chrome.

• Thanks

1. I cant check zoom in Device Toolbar

2. I changed my code of zoom for this from tutorial. After export game looks OK, but now I have infinitive zoom out and then I can zoom forever. How can I fix this?

It's look like this and Unbounded Scr. doesnt help.

Thanks

• > The menu on the HUD is too middle (Should be in corners).

Use Anchor behavior with HUD elements.

> When I zoom out for a split second I can see the white right side of the screen.

Make the background (the blue area in your video) larger. If your layout is 1280x720, make the background

Hey, I couldn't fix the Zoom problem. In the "runtime C3" version my converted zoom doesn't work. And without modification, zooming out the screen goes on forever. Unbounding scrolling only helps with HUD menu that stays in his place, but background can be zoom out forever.

See the video please:

Subscribe to Construct videos now
  • I just made a quick test file and it worked just fine - used similar settings as you...

maybe there is some issue with converting it from C2. Maybe try making a new file with just zoom and see if it works.

• Hey

Im talking about mobile with unbound scrooling and without it. I got zoom script from tutorial and always got infinitive zoom out from background layout ;-(

Also this trick with LayoutScale set, works only in desktop preview and on mobile only on C2 runtime mode.

• OK, I clicked "Use worker" in advenced moode and now zoom is working.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)