What is wrong with SOLID behavior?

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Be quick and choose whether the shown equation is right or wrong.
  • I can not understand how the behavior of SOLID. I thought that if the behavior of the wall is solid, then the object say the enemy should not go on it. How to make so that enemies would not pass through walls?

What condition should be so that they bounce off the walls (for example, just like when using bullet behavior)

I can not turn the enemy at some angle, since I do not know exactly how angle he faces the wall.

Whatever I do, if the corridor is narrow, and there are many enemies, they simply overlap the walls.

zombie.Angle + 90 if I put expressions like this. Then the enemy just starts spinning in the wall

I need him in a narrow corridor to go along the wall if you oppose her.

How to make so that the enemy was walking in the length of the wall?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • The normal way to avoid walls is by using the pathfinding behavior, and following the resulting path.

These are the behaviors that interact with solid, per the solid manual page at

construct.net/en/make-games/manuals/construct-3/behavior-reference/solid

8 Direction, which is blocked by Solids

Bullet, which can optionally bounce off Solids

Car, which bounces off Solids

Line-of-sight, which by default has line-of-sight obstructed by Solids

Platform, which can land on Solids. Platform cannot jump on to solids from underneath - for this, use the Jump-thru behavior.

Pathfinding, which by default uses solids as path obstacles.

Tile movement, which is blocked by Solids

If you are not moving the enemy by one of these methods, they will not interact with solids.

What condition should be so that they bounce off the walls (for example, just like when using bullet behavior)

I can not turn the enemy at some angle, since I do not know exactly how angle he faces the wall.

If you are using your own movement system, you can trigger on collision with wall to set a new angle. To find out the angle, you can use the line of sight behavior. Cast a ray in the angle the sprite is moving, and use lineofsight.reflectionangle to get the reflected angle from the solid.

• Yes, I do not use the search path, I have my own system of movement.

The problem is that I get an angle, that is, I see that he stumbles, say, at an angle of 35 degrees and plus him 25 degrees so that he comes out, but often he just gets stuck and starts spinning in the wall.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)