Why wont my HTML export work on mobile or android?

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
A simple fun and stylish endless scroller game ready to be customized and published.
  • Hello!

I'm new to Construct 3 and to game design, and have been working on a simple character creator as a way to teach myself. I managed to export an HTML file that works perfectly in-browser on my desktop, but for some reason it will not work on mobile (or on an iPad). It will crash everytime without loading anything.

Is there anyone who knows why this happens? I'd love to be able to host this somewhere, but only if I can get it working on mobile devices.

Here is the link to my project:

drive.google.com/file/d/1fK9HK2pWFTYmFL4t0r9hQuRGdim0nfGE/view

• So you've exported an html project that works on your PC, but haven't uploaded it anywhere yet?

How did you access it from your mobile device?

Does your project work on mobile devices using remove preview in the editor?

• Thanks for responding!

I've been using Netlify Drop to preview the HTML project that I export.

Works perfectly when I open in Chrome/Safari on my desktop computer, just not when I use the same link to open on my phone/Ipad's browser.

And no, my project does not work on mobile devices using remote preview in the editor. It does the same thing, will not load or crashes my phone.

• I suspect it may have to do with the size of your sprites. They aren't the most absurdly large textures I've seen someone try to use, but yours might be pushing the limits of some devices.

It could either be a vram limit you're hitting, or a straight up maximum supported texture resolution that has been surpassed.

Just a guess though, not completely sure.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Construct is estimating that your project will use over 3GB of memory. That is exceptionally high. Many devices will not have enough memory for that. You should try to keep the memory usage well under 1GB.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)