Why are my Tilemaps invisible?

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
  • For some reason when I do a Tilemap image, (it shows in the paint tool section prior) but wont appear in the game creation suite as you can see in the screen shot.

Is this a bug or am I missing something super obvious?

I've checked out a few tutorials on how to make a platformer and none of them seem to have this issue.

Help!

- Also, is there a way to resize the source image for tiles in Construct or do I HAVE to change them outside of construct before importing?

Thank you in advance!

• I'm guessing you haven't drawn any tiles to that tilemap object. ?? Because you'll see them as you draw them in the editor. If you look at the Tilemaps sample project, in the Beginner Examples, you'll see that the Tilemap object is drawn to the layout, like you've done, and it also has a tileset, displayed in the editor by the Tilemap Bar. Click the pencil icon in Tilemap Bar, select a tile from the set and draw it on the layout, in the Tilemap object. (Maybe not the clearest of naming conventions there, but still pretty simple. :-))

And you ask about resizing tilesets in the editor, and I don't think that can be done there. Better to do it in a bitmap tool like Gimp that can do a good job of scaling.

• Did you get fix the error? I have the same problem.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • For some reason when I do a Tilemap image, (it shows in the paint tool section prior) but wont appear in the game creation suite as you can see in the screen shot.

Is this a bug or am I missing something super obvious?

I've checked out a few tutorials on how to make a platformer and none of them seem to have this issue.

Help!

- Also, is there a way to resize the source image for tiles in Construct or do I HAVE to change them outside of construct before importing?

Thank you in advance!

The picture itself should be divided into squares for example 32x32 or 64x64 and so on. Also in the layout settings of the construct, the corresponding extension of the box must be set up, which is equal to the tilemap.

If you want to change the image, you need to create it based on the new size of a single cell.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)