Web Audio - Do we have access to Modular Routing? (and MIDI)

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Web MIDI
$12 USD
Incorporate WebMIDI into your Construct 3 projects
  • After my recent foray into a simple realtime music instrument app I am now burning with many questions.

Before I raise some requests on the suggestion forum.

1) Could I just confirm that presently in Construct 3 we do not have direct access to the Modular Routing as defined in the Web Audio API? webaudio.github.io/web-audio-api

for example I can add effects to single music/sound tracks (tags) in construct 3, but can I route multiple tacks into single effects, or single tracks into multiple effects, or multiple tracks into a mixer bus and send those to the main out etc ?

2) Is it possible to get access to MIDI instrument through the browser and construct 3? for example a simple midi controller keyboard. is this a viable suggestion to raise?

ps for someone with the skills, would the above things achievable through the new scripting plug-in?

• This is very interesting, I'm starting an installation project where I want to trigger MIDI notes and CC through the game, was just looking to see if this is possible in C3...

• The Web Audio API is exposed in a fairly basic way through the actual Audio plugin.

That said if you know how to write JS there's several projects around that create synths using the Web Audio API. With a bit of work you should be able to embed one into your game, then call it directly using inline scripts.

This one is pretty cool, I don't really understand what half the dials do though!

EDIT: MDN has a tutorial for creating a synth using web audio.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • The Web Audio API is exposed in a fairly basic way through the actual Audio plugin.

That said if you know how to write JS there's several projects around that create synths using the Web Audio API. With a bit of work you should be able to embed one into your game, then call it directly using inline scripts.

This one is pretty cool, I don't really understand what half the dials do though!

EDIT: MDN has a tutorial for creating a synth using web audio.

Thanks for the links! I'm specifically looking to control a hardware synth with midi messages sent from the game for an installation. I will talk to someone who knows how to code in JS! :)

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)