How do I warp a Sprite?

0 favourites
  • 10 posts
From the Asset Store
Minimal Sprite Font with Stroke for Pixel Art games.
  • Hi All,

Is there a way I can manually manipulate the shape of a sprite using C3?

Something like this:

If so, how do I even apply such feature?

Tagged:

• Construct 3 does not natively support sprite mesh deformation. I don't know if there are any third party plugins for it.

I would look for a dedicated imaging program for this type of image manipulation. I believe Spine is a well known one, and Spriter 2 (not yet released) plans to support mesh deformation.

• construct3.ideas.aha.io/ideas/C3-I-908

Although I'm on the fence for third party editors since we now have timelines.

• Construct 3 does not natively support sprite mesh deformation. I don't know if there are any third party plugins for it.

I would look for a dedicated imaging program for this type of image manipulation. I believe Spine is a well known one, and Spriter 2 (not yet released) plans to support mesh deformation.

I see, so this is a limitation of C3.

I'm looking for a way for my users (who will use my software) to have more control, but I guess it's not possible with the built-in tools at the moment.

Although I'm on the fence for third party editors since we now have timelines.

I thought the timeline is for animating over time, not deforming shapes, but I may be confused after all I'm still a noob, I have much more to learn. :)

• I thought the timeline is for animating over time, not deforming shapes, but I may be confused after all I'm still a noob, I have much more to learn. :)

It would probably apply more to bones.

• It would probably apply more to bones.

As an animator I would never animate deformations with bones (yes, it's an option, but not how I would do that anyway) when it comes to C3 or programming in general I'm clueless, I can't tell if C3 even supports bones or deformations.

Just to be clear, I'm not talking about animating in C3 but just deforming a shape using drag and drop probably, I'm just guessing how super complicated it will be to code if it will be possible I'm still having hard time on very basic events hehe. :)

• You're going to want bones at some point, editing a mesh row by row takes far too long.

Then again that's a toolset thats possibly even more complicated than deformations, physics, inverse kinematics, chains, etc.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • You're going to want bones at some point, editing a mesh row by row takes far too long.

Then again that's a toolset thats possibly even more complicated than deformations, physics, inverse kinematics, chains, etc.

If I could just make a deformation tool only for the OUTLINE of the shape, for example give it 4-8 points for the user to move around, a basic control to change the overall shape of the sprite. but... if there is no way to do it in C3, at least not for a non-advanced user like myself, maybe it is too much to ask from C3 to do at the moment.

• People are experimenting with things, but it will be a while before we see a full implementation.

In the meantime:

construct.net/en/make-games/addons/315/deformquad

• Thanks newt! I'll check it out :)

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)