How do i view landscape on phone?

0 favourites
  • 12 posts
From the Asset Store
Easily generate many levels from a set of pre-built scenes (Construct 3 template for top-down view games)
  • Hey there! ^_^

Thank you for taking the time to read this. I just got C3 today and have earlier used C2.

In C2 whenever i viewed my game on the phone, it would automatically tilt to the side so i could view it properly full screen. But now on C3 the game stays upright horizontal, so half the game is shown on the half top side of the phone, it doesnt tilt anymore.

I have tried all kinds of scaling, changing to landscape etc, it doesnt work.

The game shows up in a horizontal view. I want it to show up ''sideways'' so to speak so i can hold the phone and play with both hands.

How can this be done?

Thanks in advance

• Uhm.. Nobody knows?? O.o

• If you use the "Browser" object, then you can Set Orientation, Lock/Unlock Orientation.

• Hey there! Thanks for the reply, but where do i set it to browser object??

• You need to go to the project properties and set "Orientations" to Landscape, this will make it so that the project can only be viewed in landscape mode. If you want to lock the current orientation then you can tell the browser to lock it

• oh and also, you should probably

on start of layout> Browser, request full-screen.

this will make it so that the project fills the entire screen

• You need to go to the project properties and set "Orientations" to Landscape, this will make it so that the project can only be viewed in landscape mode. If you want to lock the current orientation then you can tell the browser to lock it

Hey there! Thank you for your time! ^_^

I have set it to ''landscape'' but it still doesn't show sideways view on phone. It just simply shows upright.

• Huh, maybe try rotating the device?

I'm going to look into it because I know that I've made projects that automatically rotate the screen to landscape/portrait.

• Ok I have found the answer:

drive.google.com/open

You have to request full-screen, and then lock the orientation to landscape

• Thanks alot for the answer! ^_^

I solved the error though - if you open the game through a link on facebook then this doesnt work.

Instead the link must be copied and pasted in chrome for it to actually work which doesnt seem that good.

I am creating an offline project that has nothing to do with the internet, i am not sure if this browser thing works for that.. This doesnt alltogether feel serious or good for a developer honestly :/

Ok I have found the answer:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1fL-sjhAv-eHpNOZZ1Xiyz8dsilqeWZQv

You have to request full-screen, and then lock the orientation to landscape

• Greaver

Are you testing on iPhones? if so I had similar problems but I managed to fix it, you can read it here

https://www.construct.net/en/forum/construct-3/how-do-i-8/view-landscape-phone-151204

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Greaver

I am creating an offline project that has nothing to do with the internet, i am not sure if this browser thing works for that.. This doesnt alltogether feel serious or good for a developer honestly :/

I am pretty sure that it should work offline because I have used it many times and not all of the "browser" object's expressions require internet to work.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)