How do I vault over objects in top down game?

0 favourites
  • 2 posts
From the Asset Store
Welcome! I-Spy (Hidden objects) is an educational puzzle that is more than just seek-and-find activities.
  • Hey everyone,

I have a top down game and I have obstacles that I would like to vault over. How do you go about doing that?

There are barricades in the game that the player creates. Now what I want to do is have the player be able to vault over them.

Here is what I tried to do:

1- Create the barricade object.

2- Create a hidden object called "Vaultable Object"

3- When player steps on Vaultable Object and presses Space, I stop its controls and tween from Vaultable Object on the left of the barricade to the right of the barricade.

This works perfectly if there is one barricade only. It doesn't work well with two barricades or more as the picked instance is always the first one created. Moreover, this works along the width of the barricade and not the length, I would like the player to be able to do vault in both direction.

Here are the events I am using:

i.imgur.com/yVxvPCp.png

And while at it, quick question, is there a way to have the player jump in a top down game in C3? Maybe that is a better approach so the player can jump any time they want rather it being context based?

Tagged:

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • You can make a vault left sprite and a vault right sprite .

Is overlapping sprite left tween to position left - x pixels and the right reversed.

You can do a check overlap at offset enemy to do a damage vault like in gow or don’t let the player vault.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)