Using one tilemap for multiple level designs

1 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
With this template you will learn how to use the GooglePlay Games native plugin
  • Hi, I am fairly new to construct. I am making a few different levels using the same tilemap I have created, however it seems I cannot use the same tilemap for multiple levels. I have to import another copy of the same tilemap image in order for me to start tiling out a new level. Is there a way to just use the same imported image, without having to import a new copy just to make a new level design?

I hope this post makes sense, and sorry in advance if this has been answered somewhere, I just couldn't find the answer.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I assume each level is on a different layout?

You should definitely be able to re-use the same tilemap object. Just drag and drop it from the right panel onto the layout (or copy-paste), and then change the tiles.

• I assume each level is on a different layout?

You should definitely be able to re-use the same tilemap object. Just drag and drop it from the right panel onto the layout (or copy-paste), and then change the tiles.

Wow I'm dumb, I just assumed since it pasted the current tilemap created onto the stage that it would overwrite the old one, but I created a new layer and changed the tiles and it worked! Thanks for the response!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)