Using Google's test ad ID works but my own ID doesn't work? Admob

0 favourites
  • 9 posts
From the Asset Store
With this template you will learn how to use the GooglePlay Games native plugin
  • Hi I'm trying to implement ads in my game using Admob. I want an interstitial ad to appear whenever I tap on the Retry button. I can do this just fine with Google's dedicated test ad unit ID from here developers.google.com/admob/android/interstitial . But when I try to do it with my own ID, it doesn't work.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Here are the files. I included the .c3p and also the exported .apks of both when I use my ID and Google's ID

Tagged:

• I was doing some research on Google admob recently, and got the impression that you can't actually add the ads until the app is published onto a storefront. That seems really backwards to me, so somebody who knows better is free to chime in.

• You are not meant to use your own ads before it's published, even says it on the link you shared. You can however set up your device as a test device on admob, this allows you to test your own ads in a safe way.

• You are not meant to use your own ads before it's published, even says it on the link you shared. You can however set up your device as a test device on admob, this allows you to test your own ads in a safe way.

For me the test ads don't even work unless I'm using Google's ad unit ID. Is that supposed to happen? I already have the "Test Mode" setting checked.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • > You are not meant to use your own ads before it's published, even says it on the link you shared. You can however set up your device as a test device on admob, this allows you to test your own ads in a safe way.

For me the test ads don't even work unless I'm using Google's ad unit ID. Is that supposed to happen? I already have the "Test Mode" setting checked.

Not really sure what you're saying here...

• So I'm trying to implement ads and I've been able to successfully do that with Google's dedicated test ad unit ID from developers.google.com/admob/android/interstitial

But when I try to use my own ad unit ID, it doesn't work. Ads do show up in the desktop preview, but in the exported .apk it doesn't show any ads. The ads are supposed to show just like when I use Google's test ad unit ID but it's not appearing.

Maybe there's a setting I missed or something?

• I hate to respond with the same thing again I'll just copy and paste it : You are not meant to use your own ads before it's published, even says it on the link you shared. You can however set up your device as a test device on admob, this allows you to test your own ads in a safe way.

• I hate to respond with the same thing again I'll just copy and paste it : You are not meant to use your own ads before it's published, even says it on the link you shared. You can however set up your device as a test device on admob, this allows you to test your own ads in a safe way.

Hey thanks for putting up with me hahah

Yeah you're right, I had to get my app approved first in AdMob for the ads to work at all. At first I thought my app didn't need to get approved if I had the "Test mode" box checked in Construct 3. I thought by having it checked I would still get test ads to show up in my game.

Thank you everyone for the help!

• You can test it in test mode from admob side is what I'm saying. You set up your mobile as a test device and your ads will arrive in test mode. That is how you test your own ads before publishing.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)