Upscaling hi-res graphic upon fullscreen request

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Over 1700 16x16 pixel art RPG icons for item and skills
  • My viewport / window size is at 1024 x 576. Requesting fullscreen on an 1920 x 1080 monitor will render my background graphic not clear anymore.

Is there any quick way to replace the background with a higher resolution image upon a fullscreen request? So that at fullscreen mode, the background (flat image) looks sharp.

Does anybody knows how to semi to accurately determine the minimum and recommended requirement for your game on PC or Mac?

Appreciate any advise.

Thanks!

• What art style do you use in your game? Try some of your project properties to achieve better results when scaling. For example, if you are using pixel art you should switch the 'Sampling' property to 'Point':

For the requirements, if you have optimized your game based on Ashleys blog posts and tutorials, It is very unlikely that a PC can not handle your game unless it's from the last century.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • For example, if you are using pixel art you should switch the 'Sampling' property to 'Point':

Thanks for the suggestion but it's not unfortunately.

For the requirements, if you have optimized your game based on Ashleys blog posts and tutorials, It is very unlikely that a PC can not handle your game unless it's from the last century.

Yea I knew about that too but I'm interested in defining the exact specs if possible and where is the cutoff point for "last century" exactly. Lol

There "might" be some really cheap notebook with 1GB RAM and some built in GFX card that possibly can run but lag or like you said, my game might not be optimized enough. Is there a software or ways to find this out?

• Since 1920x1080 and higher is standard today, it makes no sense to additionally use a graphic in a smaller resolution if you use a Full HD version anyway. That would only make your game unnecessarily bigger. If your game does not use Pixel Art and you want clean textures, you're more or less forced to optimize your game and graphics to at least Full HD. In your place, I would therefore only use the 1920x1080 variant.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)