How do I update a Spriter Object

0 favourites
  • 2 posts
From the Asset Store
Fantasy Game includes more than 600 sound effects inspired by hit computer games like World of Warcraft and Diablo.
  • I have a Spriter object with multiple character maps. These maps are meant to be purchasable skins. I have a starting set but plan on adding more after the game is released.

What I would like to know is, what is the correct way to update the Spriter object each time I add a new character map?

I have found a way to update the project but it requires opening the project file in zip software. Finding the folder that contains all the images. Adding the new images to the archive renamed to match the naming scheme of the loaded files (this isn't easy because the naming scheme doesn't always contain the name of the original file so I have to deduce the name and hope it is correct). Then, I have to paste in the scon file text into the scon file in Construct. If I have done ALL those things correctly, then and only then, will the new character map be usable.

This all seems like WAY more work than it should be. So, I am wondering what is the correct way to do this? Thank you in advance for your answers.

Tagged:

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I asked this same question on the Spriter forums. I was told that an update to the plugin is on it's way. Until the plugin is updated, the manual method I outlined is the correct way to handle updating the animation.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)