How do I update the game project on a server?

0 favourites
  • 1 posts
From the Asset Store
Fantasy Game includes more than 600 sound effects inspired by hit computer games like World of Warcraft and Diablo.
  • Hello,

I have a problem with updating game projects to our server.

For the purpose of example:

When the game is on version 1.0.0, I upload the .zip project (Construct 3 export as HTML5). The game will be available for the players at the following address: justanexample.com/myproject/index.html.

Everything workes great.

Let's say in 1 week I make an improvement on the game and I want to make an update to the game files located on my server. I go in the exact same folder "/myproject", I delete everything and I'm uploading the new files there.

The problems is that now the game will not work on the exact same address justanexample.com/myproject/index.html. If I try to go there, I will get the following error:

c3runtime.js:30 Uncaught (in promise) TypeError: Cannot read property 'Je' of undefined at f.self.TS [as qy] (c3runtime.js:30) at f.lW (c3runtime.js:23) at a (c3runtime.js:24) at e.rv.wb (c3runtime.js:24) at e.Cj.wb (c3runtime.js:23) at e.Jr.wb (c3runtime.js:23) at e.WU.wb (c3runtime.js:23) at e.nL.E4 (c3runtime.js:28) at e.nL.Jf (c3runtime.js:28) at async InitRuntime (workermain.js:1)

I don't understand why. If I upload the same files to a new folder, everything works.

So, my question: how do I update the game files to a server?

Thank you! :)

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)