Unable to jump correctly on planet-based gravity!

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Gravity Square is a game where I aim to reach the square at the polka dot door :)
  • Hi everyone, me and my programmer have been stuck on this puzzle for weeks now, but we've tried dozens of things trying to make gravity platforming (where you revolve around a planet) to work correctly, but cannot due to the every tick angle setting forcing a loss of contact with the floor. This means that at certain angles, or when moving, you can't jump!

I've even managed to get a hold of another planet platformer CAPX, and it has the exact same issue. This is getting maddening now, does anyone have any solutions?

• Hi everyone, me and my programmer have been stuck on this puzzle for weeks now, but we've tried dozens of things trying to make gravity platforming (where you revolve around a planet) to work correctly, but cannot due to the every tick angle setting forcing a loss of contact with the floor. This means that at certain angles, or when moving, you can't jump!

I've even managed to get a hold of another planet platformer CAPX, and it has the exact same issue. This is getting maddening now, does anyone have any solutions?

I'm not sure if this will help you, have a look at this thread

https://www.scirra.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=146&t=199630&p=1158099#p1158099

• > Hi everyone, me and my programmer have been stuck on this puzzle for weeks now, but we've tried dozens of things trying to make gravity platforming (where you revolve around a planet) to work correctly, but cannot due to the every tick angle setting forcing a loss of contact with the floor. This means that at certain angles, or when moving, you can't jump!

>

> I've even managed to get a hold of another planet platformer CAPX, and it has the exact same issue. This is getting maddening now, does anyone have any solutions?

>

I'm not sure if this will help you, have a look at this thread

https://www.scirra.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=146&t=199630&p=1158099#p1158099

Unfortunately this does not solve the problem we are having. Does anyone on here have an example capx of a planet-based system working with jumps? All the ones I've downloaded have had problems with jumping...

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I don't have an example capx, but I believe Airscape used a system where the player sprite was more or less static and the controls moved and rotated the entire map layer around.

Or you can use a custom jump event. Rather than allowing jumping only when grounded, you can do a collision check at offset or use an invisible helper sprite to determine if the player object is "close enough" to the ground to jump.

• If anyone is wondering how we did this in the end, we simply used the Custom Movement Behaviour to simulate the jump when the Platform behaviour detected we were not on a platform.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)