Two instances behave differently, why?

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Footsteps SFX Two contains 450 sounds of steps and jumps on different surfaces.
  • Sorry for the cryptic description.

I have a weird issue with a number of text instances that get created by a loop.

So in theory they should all be the same.

Now the weird part: The one instance that existed before and served as the example to copy the properties from as well as the first instance created by the loop respond differently when I try to use their .text property.

When I refer to it by setting another object's text with the "set text" action all instances show their text, but for the odd two I get a blank result..nothing.

When I use "append text" instead, the result is like it should be. Their texts are appended.

When I append their text&"L" I get their textLL (two times the added string), which is beyond my comprehension.

I know this is probably not enough information, but if someone has hunch you would make my day ;)

• Please post a screenshot of the events rather than describing them

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Makes sense, sorry.

So here's how the menus are created and then how I try to get their names later on:

• I figured out a fix, but I still don't get it.

The object MenuItem is a member of the family SwipeMenus.

When I refer to SwipeMenus.text I get a consistent result.

But since all but the first instance were created in the same way.. why does the second menuItem behave differently from the third?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)