How do I turn a sprite into an actual button?

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
A well commented RPG game template to learn from or use as a base for your own game!
  • I understand you can use the touch and mouse object to make a sprite work like a button but I wanted to create an actual button. Do I need to have proUI to do so? Here is a screen shot of why I need it to be a button not a sprite with the touch or mouse object attached to it. Forgive me if I am calling things the wrong name I am pretty new here.

If I create a sprite and use the touch or mouse object I can't seem to tween my camera. There is no option.

My end goal, I want to click a button on either side of my screen and scroll to the room. Up, Down, Left, Right.

Tagged:

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • If I create a sprite and use the touch or mouse object I can't seem to tween my camera. There is no option.

What do you mean by "no option"? You should definitely be able to do that.

Try something like this:

Touch On Touched spriteButtonRight : Camera Tween X to (self.X+1920)

Make sure that the sprite button is on a separate layer with (0,0) parallax, so it won't scroll with the rest of the layout.

You might also want to add another condition to "On Touched" event checking that the Camera Tween is not currently running.

• I was using the tap not the on touch. That made everything work great. Thank you for your help.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)