How do I turn off the C2 plugin, "Webstorage"

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
A well commented RPG game template to learn from or use as a base for your own game!
  • I would like to convert my game to C3 runtime, from C2, if possible. When I try to though, I get a pop up about Webstorage not being supported by C3.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

On a side note, I also can't seem to get sounds and music to play in my preview window. Every once in a while, the sound effect will magically appear, though I don't see any rhyme or reason to it. I figured, maybe switching to the C3 runtime would fix that.

Again, thanks for any help that you may have to offer!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • To fully remove an object, delete it from the Project Bar. Note this will delete any events using it, so first you'll probably want to add the Local Storage plugin (which was introduced to replace Web Storage), move all your events to using that instead, then delete the Web Storage plugin.

FYI Web Storage was replaced with Local Storage back in 2015, so it must be a pretty old project!

• To fully remove an object, delete it from the Project Bar. Note this will delete any events using it, so first you'll probably want to add the Local Storage plugin (which was introduced to replace Web Storage), move all your events to using that instead, then delete the Web Storage plugin.

FYI Web Storage was replaced with Local Storage back in 2015, so it must be a pretty old project!

It is pretty old. I put probably 2000 hours into it.

Near "the end" of making it, I cast it away, thinking there might be an "easier" way to make games...Well, there are easier ways, though they are incredibly limiting. I took a peek at C3, and realized I had been using the best all along.

So I am back to making this happen! (Just needs some cleanup, and a little more love.)

Thanks for Construct 3, C3 team! Oh! And thanks for the reply.

One quick tag on question: Is there a search function to help find what might be using the Webstorage? I assumed it was my game score, but at least last night I couldn't find it. I was probably too tired...

Found the "find all referances". All on my own! Ma' would be soooo proud! Thanks again!

Oh! Evidently, I never actually used the webstorage! Just had it in there, for no reason!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)